Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE Pro Won't Power Up

Tim in WA

It appears that my detector is dead. I'm using the RNB Lithium so I know that its not the battery. This morning I went detecting for a few hours and the detector was working great. I found a 1907 Indian and a rosie. On my way back to the truck I stopped at a small sandy beach. When I tried turning on the detector nothing happened. When I got home I charged up the battery and tried it again...nothing. I even tried holding the button down for 5 seconds...still nothing. Is Minelab still repairing this machine? Any opinions on what the problem is?

Regards,

Tim

Tim try getting some anti corrosive spray and spray it inside you battery area on those springs. Im betting the springs are bent and not properly hitting or are slightly corroded. I did mine recently as well.

Dew

So after warming up the detector for a few hours it's firing up again. Today a slight rain came in while I was detecting and I'm thinking that its former resistance to a little rain is no longer happening. Eventually I'm probably going to have to have the power/spring assembly replaced. This detector has been through a lot over the years with Seattle showers and saltwater low tide hunts. All seem to have taken a toll.

Happy Hunting!!

Tim