Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE Pro - First day out and questions already...

jalmada

Hi - I received my SE Pro last Friday and took it out for a spin today. Got some clad and not too worried since new detectors take time to learn. Main experience was to just figure things out and be patient with learning the ways of this machine.

MUCH different than my Muskie and I felt a bit overwhelmed by all the tones and whistles. I'm told that things get easier as your brain sorts out what matters and what does not. I went with basic out-of-box settings to start, but it looks like I should adjust using some custom settings. I live near Placerville, California and right on top of old gold mining operations and such, but am interested in finding old coins.

I found this set of adjustments to start from and wonder what you guys think:

Gain at 8,Sensitivity at 28 manual,Variability at 9.Fast on Deep off.IM at 28,conductivity,limits at 10,threshold at 12.

Would this be a good start? Any pointers for a newbie with the SE Pro?

Thanks in advance!

Jon

[size=large]be sure to down load the explorer emulator. check post on this forum in the last two months on where to get it. it will really help you in understanding the machine and take the mystery away. you'll be glad you did.

HH[/size]

I have the Explorer Se Emulator down loaded and it works great with the non usa coins but can anyone explain in a step by step detail how to add
usa coins to the Emulator Explorer Se program?

If you just download the us coin file and put it in the same directory as your other coin files and leave it as a zipped file it should work. Go to the simulator then files\zip files and when you see the list there should be a file that ends with US_Coins.zip I don't remember the first part of the file name. Pick that file and it should work.

Try Beeps file off his web site... thebeepgoeson dot com. He has more US coins in his zip file. Id agree with Bryce, i dont know your experience but you mentioned you were overwhelmed by the bells and whistles. IF you want to make to many adjustments talk to someone in your area with skills. Use a test garden or at least find a deep target to work on your settings. Ive found MORE is not always better. I believe you have your sensitivity to high.... but im not in your area and i adjust mine based on the area im in. The higher your sensitive you may get more HALO targets... or targets close to the coil not under it. Which means you will hit more tiny surface targets. Also you will get more deep iron which will cause more nulling making your coil reduce sensitivity.... and depth especially in the type of iron and rust ridden areas you seem to be hunting in. IF you start seeing to many signals on the left side of the screen (IRON) try using FERR and maybe all iron. the machine will release the target quicker and give you low tones for those targets... dig the high tones at first until you get used to what you are digging. Id recommend turning your gain down to 7 to learn... why because you will be able to tell DEEP targets because of the modulation easier. Move slowly.... kind of in a painting motion. I prefer FAST and DEEP off just because fast tends to chop the signal tones a bit. Since you arent used to the machine .... when you start getting a lot of shallow targets... back out a bit until you hit some med depth.. you should be in an area with older coins. Hit the area again in the trash when you have more skills. At least you have the pro coil... but in those trashy areas with a lot of iron you may need a small coil.

Dew

When you start getting condient that you have the basics down try Bryces settings. Also get Andy Sabbishs book, its helped most of us. Most of all be patient, the Explorer deserves it.
Aaron

Been using the Explorers for "a while" and if you PM me maybe we can pick a place and time -- I would be happy to give you a few pointers.

Ron Swenson
Ron (CA)