Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE Finds From AZ

southerndesert

Howdy All,

Just thought I'd share some SE finds from a well hunted :shrug: area in Arizona... There was also the usual clad and assorted stuff as well.

Good hunting, Bill

WTG Bill,

Nice finds and a mixture of everything,

Congrats Bill and keep swinging the SE,
Paul (Ca)

Looks as if you pretty well have the new SE locked in. Nice finds and a largely varied group of finds. WTG

Thanks, the necklace and doggy tag were from an area where the workers had boxes stacked while remodeling an 100 year old home and were on the surface. The coins were all quite deep and I was digging everything "iffy" as you can see...

Good hunting, Bill

Nice finds Bill. I have to ask you though. You didn't say how deep your finds were and do you think the XS and the Explorer II would have found these had their coils passed over the same spot? HH.

Eddie

Bill is a very well known nugget shooter from his area in AZ, just goes to prove that Patience and Perseverance in one aspect of our hobby carries over into another...HH...Ge0

[attachment 36221 CelticGold.jpeg]

Hello Eddie,

I would say yes more than likely as all the coins were between 4 and 10 inches deep. The area has been hunted with a Quattro and X-Terra 50 as well as a 70 with some good finds made with all 3. Hard to say without having hunted with a EX2 there myself.....

Good hunting, Bill

I hate to say this Chuck, but I wouldn't say the SE is kicking butt and taking names just yet. Sure, the fellows that own them might be finding stuff, but it seems to me that when the Explorer II came out we saw the same thing. I'm not by any means saying that the SE isn't a better machine, but I'm still not convinced that it has left the XS and the Explorer II in the dust quite yet. Maybe a few more posts and some more pictures of their finds and more details on the depth and etc will help convince us more. I'm sure others will agree with me and I think the jury is still out on this one...........:) HH.

Eddie

Well Eddie....everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, and I value yours.:thumbup: So far I have refrained from posting my discoveries about the SE, and my finds so as not to be accused of trying to sell the SE. :shrug:

I can only tell you of my results so far. I have been out four times with my SE :detecting:. Twice coin hunting in a favorite area of mine where I thought the Explorer II had just about cleaned it out. Once relic hunting in an area that I have hunted for four years, have used my EXP II five times there, and have taken over 2,500 relic artifacts over the four year span. And once on a nearby fresh water beach.

That gives me so far, approximately 32 hours hunting with the SE. That's not alot, and by no means enough time for me to claim mastery over the machine. Having said all of the above, I intend to offer my Explorer II for sale as a lightly used, in excellent condition detector.

My impressions of the SE are overwhelming positive :hot:. I have found the machine to be MUCH quicker responding from trash to keeper, (in one instance a crown cap was within 1" of a mercury dime) and I have pulled out silver coins, and an 1832 large cent, from the "worked out" area I mentioned above. I KNOW that I and my hunting partners have been over these coins before with both our Tesoro and Whites machines, and my Explorer II. It is peculiar that this time the silver and the large cent just happened to speak up and say "hear I am, dig me".:shrug: The depths of the coins ranged from four inches to 8".

At my Indian Wars relic site, in only six hours of hunting, out came 11 buttons, 2 iron trade points, 8 various slugs, and one scalping knife.:jump:

On the beach, only new coins, and lots of tabs.....no rings.:thumbdown:

Is the SE better than it's predecessors? I'll leave that up to those who own them, to report back here for those who don't. All I can say is that for me (my opinion), thumps up and applause for you :minelab: for making the BEST.......BETTER!:thumbup::clapping::minelab:

If you got those from a well worked park, well I can imagine what it is going to be like when I finally get my hands on one of those Explorer SE's. With that many finds, it just tells you that there has to be plenty more where that came from. Nice assortment of coins and I like the Necklace! Good Luck and HH.