Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

screamed at today by a lunatic

captRobert

I was hunting in the lane for about an hour and a big fat lady with a mustach, you know the slight sparse furry kind, comes running up to me screaming I'm scaring and creating a danger for her childern by digging holes in the sand ( i always cover my holes)in HER part of the beach. I look up at where her little tykes are an there about 30 feet away from me playing in the sand. She demanded to know what i was doing.:rolleyes:

I told her that I was checking the beach to find where the sewer outfall was an it was about where she was sitting..you should have seen her face, She immediately turned ran grabbed her kids and ran off down the beach. :devil:

later i saw her screaming at a life guard and pointing at me..I'm sure she wanted me arrested for "scaring" her. I decided to leave the beach...cant believe how rude some people are. its dumbfounding in this day an age.:shrug:

On the bright side, did find some tickets that i'll post later...

The sewer answer is great. I'll add that one to my arsenal.

I've had really great luck with people the last few times I've been to the beach detecting.

I went to a small beach on the river where there were a couple families with a bunch of little kids and the kids were all around me asking questions (which is usually fun because they have a great imagination).

One of the fathers, a big dude, comes walking down the beach toward me and I'm thinking he's going to say something stupid but instead he told all the kids to give me some space and not to bug me. Then he starts telling me about other beaches in the area I should check out and wishes me luck.

My father and I went to a small lake a few days ago and after we were detecting for a while I see one of the lifguards walk over and he starts talking to my father. I'm thinking he's probably telling him not dig holes or something but it turns out he was telling my father about all the reports he's had of lost jewelry at the beach and he pointed out all the areas where stuff had been lost over the season.

It's been a while since I've encountered a weirdo at a beach. Hopefully it will be a while longer before I do.

One beach that we often go to, there is a guy who frequents the same beach with his friends. He is from Asia and the first time he saw me he came running up to ask what I was doing and what was the machine. I explained to him and he became very excited and then ran off to tell his friends. Now every time he see me, he comes running up to see what I have in my bag and then runs off to explain to his Asian friends. As far as wacko's.......I've seen them.......but so far have not been approached.

n/t

I tell them I am looking for Military Ordinance that was dredged up and dropped on the beach during the last replenishment ;)

HH

Beachcomber

You should have told her that your sewer detector runs on plutonium. That would have scared the bejesus out of her.:rofl:

Great response to a good example of devolution,

BDA:cool:

Real good stuff. I've been using the "pee detector" variant, but I think I may switch to the more ostentatious sounding "sewer effluent outfall."

And I like the encouraging stories.

I had a guy ask me yesterday if I'd found anything.
"Why, did you lose something?" I retorted.
Hal piped in and said, "Nothin but trash," pointing to our sifter - with a couple of soft-drink cans and a snack bag afloat inside. If you use a sifter, wire a few bits of such trash inside. People quickly lose interest in you when they see it.
The guy looked at us and smiled, chuckeled a bit at our folly and began telling his grandaughter, who was by now curious about us, what we were doing.

Everyone on a beach is NOT an enraged whacko, like Mustache Woman. Some are nice and the vast majority are aware of what you are about - and could care less.

Get to know the lifeguards and beach patrol if you have them. Flag them down and take a bit of time to talk to them. Give them one your cards.
{{{ WHAT, you dont have cards??!! Better make some...}}}
Let them know you are doing a public service by removing trash, you fill all holes and that you return lost jewelry, if it can be identified.
Get these guys on your side BEFORE another self-inflated, juice-box buffoon sails over the horizon.

n/t

n/t