Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scrap.....what do people do with it?

ScouseRicey1

Does anyone on here collect the scrap they find when detecting, and weigh it in? Or do people re-bury it or dispose of it in a 'rubbish bin'?

Kind Regards,

Colin

I separate it and sell it. I did better when I lived in Fl. They don't normally have basements. When they tear down a house they leave a lot in the ground. I have picked up a lot of copper last year MDing. I sold over $700 U.S. worth of scrap last year.

That is a good idea. I always bring it all home and go through it again later but I usually throw away the trash. I've been thinking about selling it. The copper idea at de-construction is a good idea too.

I take it out with me and weigh it at the end of the year.Have lots in boxes in the yard. Dan