Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scrap silver....

Dan-MO

The snow is falling outside and I am stuck inside digging thru some of my detecting junk. Here is a photo of about 2 1/2 pounds of scrap sterling silver I have dug and acumulated over the years.I also have a ounce or two of scrap gold (pocket watch cases, damaged rings,lockets etc.) Anyone ever sell any of this stuff? Can anyone recomend any reputable on line places?

[attachment 42016 45005.jpg]

the most personal thing I ever found was some guys false tooth. It was a tooth that was implanted under the gum; I showed it to my dentist and he was amazed at how crude it was. He said it dated from the early fourtys. That sucker had to hurt when it came out. I found it at Dodge Park at one of the raft sites

Found at the same place. If I dug a complete one....I straightened them up and polished them and at one time had them displayed in a display case.The broken ones went into the scrap can, When we moved a few years ago,I threw them in a box with a bunch of other stuff and seldom even look at them these days.All these are also sterling

That had to be a good site to hunt. It's not often we find nice silver flatware like that around here. Beautiful pieces.:thumbup:

It is a huge area that I have hunted for the last 10 years or so and still hunt.I posted a story about the spot a few years ago.I kinda stumbled into it.....It was basicly a place where the city of St. Louis hauled their garbage and spread it across fields from about 1890 to 1920 or so

n/t

much cleaner and more organised than mine! You got me feeling guilty:biggrin:
It proves the point that the hunt is more important to us though.

Super nice finds!

2 1/2 pounds is about $419.70 worth minus the 10% fee = $377.73. Not too bad.

Dave