Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scout Oath Coin

celtex

Anyone know when this coin was used. Found this weekend by a buddy. Same camp where I found Five Dollar "gold" coin button. I think it has some age but I can't find a date when issued. ThX

celtex said:
Anyone know when this coin was used. Found this weekend by a buddy. Same camp where I found Five Dollar "gold" coin button. I think it has some age but I can't find a date when issued. ThX

They're currently selling on ebay as "vintage" - this is the URL (Mod's, if I'm violating any rules plz blank out this address

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Boy-Scouts-Oath-Pledge-Coin-Medallion-/260607085929?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cad648d69

Bill

I found the exact token in April at our local club spring hunt. It was actually a ground find. I just brushed back the old leaves and there it was. I would say that in is very current and not "vintage" Sorry

Hey celtex, seeing as you found that scout coin and the "gold coin" drawer/cabinet pull in the same area, my guess is you're near a scout campsite. The "gold coin" knob was probably from a young boys bedroom furniture ( my guess ) and he brought it out camping to show his buddies. The scout coin, "gold" coin and who knows what else, may have been buried there as "treasure" and forgotten. This is complete speculation and maybe my imagination is getting the best of me ( it tends to do that ) but if it was up to me, I'd play the hunch. Good excuse to hunt some more if nothing else. Good luck.
HH
Scott

We were hunting a scout camp. It was reported to be from 48 and renamed in 67. Stuff most of us found was 67 time frame nor 48. Lots of clad was taken hundreds of coins by our club hunters.