Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scooter, the new addition to the family...................

Kelley (Texas)

Several weeks ago we adopted this stray cat after some neighborhood boys had shot it with some paint ball guns. We named the cat "Scooter" because of the way it scoots across the room after getting caught doing mischief things. We took the cat to the vets for all it's shots and the vet estimates the male cat to be approximately seven months old. Our dog Sadie grew up with cats out on the ranch so we have had no problems with them getting along with each other. We do not know if we will be keeping the cat long term, but at the moment it has a warm home with plenty of food to eat. If we decide to keep the cat, it would have to be an indoor cat because of traffic in the area, plus out of respect for the neighbors and their flower beds. Gosh, you will never know how much I miss the ranch where the animals could freely roam outdoors. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 44492 ScootertheCat_1.jpg]

Wayne, this cat might have ended up being served for dinner at the new Chinese cafe up the road from us. Since they opened for business, you seldom see a stray cat around here. I hear tell that the little chunks of meat served in Chinese food is meat from a cat. Sometimes it will be dark strips of meat, other times they will cut the cat meat into little squares and mix it with rice. The tip off will be if there is lots of gravy type syrup with the rice. When asked, the China people will act dumb like they do not understand you. I guess you could always check their dumpster for fur...that would confirm that they are using cat meat. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl: :rofl:

Scooter looks just like my cat, Bootsie! Except mine's a girl! She is house broken, and will wake me up on a cold night if she needs to go outside! She will kill rabbits, and squirrels bigger than she is! For the most part, she stays outside, but on the really cold nights I let her come in. Sadie needs a new playmate anyway! :)

telling Wayner about the Chinese Restrurant up the street from you that serves cat meat all different ways! :rofl: Course I won't look! :lol:

I almost have him rolling over on his back and playing dead when I say "bang." Why would your cat not do any tricks in front of "Scooter?" Is "Bootsie" too bashful to do tricks in front of others? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

that serve chicken fried steaks. I wonder how many folks eat a chicken fried steak not knowing that it is really sliced possum meat? Better yet, how about chicken breast served with rice and a fancy sauce that is really a big chunk of possum meat. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sis and I were just wondering about you this week. Sure is good to hear from you!

By the way, that cat is alot cheaper to adopt than lots of other stuff. I mean, it doesn't need clothes, shoes, or even horseshoes or tack. Man! You're gettin' off cheap and even improvin' the environment by keeping another cat off the street. :lol:

I KNOW you miss the ranch. I have only 9 acres here, but I have access to 250 next door, for hunting purposes. Here lately, that's been keepin' me off pubic land and I likes it.

Hope you and Deb and Sadie and the cat have a wonderful new year.<><

Your friend,

aj

of that cat bringing you the newspaper. Better watch out, or Sadie will get jealous!You need to teach Scooter how to claw at ugly neighbors dog and run him off! :)

curious as to what this means. I figure it has something to do with teaching the cats to do different tricks. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :lol:

Are you turkey hunting on that 250 acres next door?

We put a battery in the Weasel Ball tonight and watched the dog and cat chase it around the house. Sadie was a little scared of it at first, same with Scooter. They would chase it until it reversed it's self and then they would run from it. They should sleep good tonight! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)