Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

school on saturday

jerryrigg

met a guy awhile ago detectin at the beach. he goes by junklord on a different forum. he said he had permission to hunt the schools around here so we got out and hit 2 school tot lots.we cleaned those out pretty good. together , $30.00 in clad ,a little trash , a little junk jewelry, and a little gold ring. junklord said the cross is not real. he called it miami gold. i used the mxt 300 with a4x6 coil. if it was there, the mxt was gonna find it .talk at ya later.

You did great on cleaning the tot lots up. Way to go!!! What is Miami gold? Gold plated? It looks like the real thing from the picture. I would get it tested unless you know for sure it's not gold. HH, Nancy

Your friend may be right but the cross could be gold. We cannot make a positive ID from the pictures. Many jewelry stores and coin shops will do a free gold test. If it feels heavy and does not show other signs of being fake, take it in and see what a expert says. If it does not cost you anything, you have nothing to lose and maybe a lot to gain. We are out here pulling for you.

Bob

Hey, Jerryrigg, your friend is right on the cross. I found the exact cross a year ago and just last month took some of my finds in to be checked. The pawn shop said it looked real & was sure it was 14K even when the machine said it was not. So I took it to a jeweler who had a new top of the line tester. He took it in the back & then came out to report that I had a 14k solid brass cross. Yep even though it is marked 14k it is Brass. It feels, looks, & is heavy like gold but it is a fake. It was a hoot finding it but oh well maybe next time.