Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Say, what happened to Royal's Post where he showed...........

Kelley (Texas)

us a macro bug slide show? Later this evening I am going to knock down a wasp nest that is up in the eve of the roof and try to catch a couple of wasp for some macro bug pictures. If all goes well, I will put them in a mason jar and put the mason jar in the freezer for the night...this should settle them down while I take the pictures. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

In a few minutes, I will hopefully have captured a few wasps to be used in a few macro bug pictures. As soon as the wasp nest hits the ground, I am going to slap the mason jar on top of it, thus trapping the wasps...they should fly upwards into the jar and be trapped. I am now using a different camera and it seems to take good pictures...alot better than the old one that was not very good for macro photography. Kelley (Texas) :)

Those wasps were mean tempered and pizzed off at me for knocking their nest to the ground. I got nailed on the back of my right arm and the swelling just went down this afternoon. I really don't think that this macro bug photography is my thing to do...something always goes wrong. I probably should have sprayed them with bug killer spray, and then stuck them on the end of a pin. Kelley (Texas) :)

maybe if you set up your camera close to a piece of raw chicken near a Wasp nest and used the remote?

and when I rounded the corner of the house, they were still in the area...I think that they were looking for me! I will tell you one thing, they should not have stung me...they screwed up big time doing that. I am going to get some bug killer spray tomorrow and nail them to the cross...pay back time! Kelley (Texas) :)

just go out at night, when they are all in the nest, take a vacuum cleaner, your wifes or a shopvac and just suck them all into it. Then shoot some insect killer into the nozzle as the vacuum runs. You get all the wasps and they are all killed and bagged up.:shrug: Then knock the nest down.

I have no idea why anyone would want to knock a nest down during the day, most of the wasps are out foraging and will come back and be pests.

If a person wants to get bug pictures it sure the hell is not necessary to knock down a nest :D Getting bit just seems logical to me. I have yet to get bit while taking pictures but I sorta try to get shots of living insects. I guess if you want them dead you just take a fly swatter and squersh them. A macro shot of bug guts might be interesting, lots of unusual colors and all, maybe a flat head! Hummmm?:nerd: