Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saw my dr, yesterday, and was put through lots of tests...so I am still living so far...

Ma Betty in MO

Urine sample, bone density test, breathing test to blow out 78 imaginary candles as if it were my birthday...didn't pass...had medicine to breathe into my lungs and then another breathing test blowing into a tube like I was blowing out the candles...which she said I only blew out 8 the first time and then did a little better next time...but with COPD and chronic Bronchitis how many can I really be able to blow out? :blink: Then with blood drawn I fed their vampires! :rofl: Anyway lots of tests...including an EKG....so will need to wait for the results on most! Sure hope I don't have to pay a portion of the costs, as Ma doesn't have the means to pay but God will provide someway; somehow! Amen! Tired today, for without enough oxygen in my blood and with Osteoarthritis I get tired easily and stay tired and weak most of the time! Thanks for all your prayers for me and my prayer requests and love you all! :) :angel: Ma

n/t

Nope and never have smoked but only second hand smoke from my dad and ex-husband who smoked like a chimney! In the 50's and etc. we didn't know how dangerous cigarettes were or I would have never married a smoker! All my kids ended up smoking and still do....but sure wish they would quit right now, today! :sad: :angel: ma

No tune up as yet, just in for checkup and hope they don't find anything more serious than what I already have! Thank You, Jesus, for Your caring and healing Spirit! Amen! :angel: Ma

Thanks sandtick! I refused the tests that I don't care to have nor pneumonia and flu shots! I figure I have lived this long without those shots and don't need to have all that poison in my body now...told dr. if I die I die, if I don't, I don't....I've had a long life compared to many and to linger with pain and less oxygen in my blood is up to God in Jesus' name...He knows when He through with me on this earth! Amen! By the way my blood pressure was 110/68....very low and I get dizzy when it is too low...but they always say, the numbers are great.... :blink: :angel: Ma

So...you officially didn't get a tune up but you did get a check up? I'd be tired to after all that fussing around. Glad you didn't get the flu shot. I got this year for the first time in over 10 years and promptly got the flu! Wouldn't you know it. Anyway you'll be in my prayer for good results. God bless you Ma.

that is shocking to hear someone suffering with copd from second hand smoke. what a shame. i also suffer from low blood pressure. i have orthostatic hypotension. my blood pressure drops when i am standing. i am dizzy and my vision is blurry. i believe i got it from mold poisoning. i'm disabled from it.

Thanks Martin and the one and only time I rec the flu shot was when I worked in the Financial Dept of St. John's Hospital...now called St. John's Mercy....as a night Bookkeeper, I really got sick and haven't had a flu shot ever since....I am allergic to a lot of meds and things, so think I was allergic to the medicine trying to stop me from taking the flu! My mother also got very sick every time she had the flu shot, so I'm sure she was allergic to the med, too! :sad: :angel: Ma

Sorry to hear....my brother had Pulmonary Hypertension with same conditions happening like you've said....his was a deadly disease with no cure! Bronchitis, Emphysema and etc. runs in my dad's side of our family and he and Uncle John were very ill with COPD! Uncle John died at a really young age....in his fifties at a Veterans Hospital....dad was 71and died in Salem, MO hospital! My brother was 72 when he passed away in hospice care at 'St. Anthony's Hosp in the hospice care unit! So far I have lived to be 78!

My dr kept asking me when I first went to him for my COPD and he kept asking, When did you stop smoking? After several times of asking I would punch him on the shoulder and say, I Told You I Have Never Smoked and then he would say, I know but hard to believe with only second hand smoke...we also had a wood kitchen and heating stove when growing up on the farm! My youngest daughter has Chronic Bronchitis and has had it since she was born....was an ill child more than not and still a sick lady with Bronchitis, Migraine Headaches and Fibromyalgia. she works cleaning motel rooms and it is not easy for her at all....lots of pain and sleeplessness! But we both love the Lord and we know He is with us all the time as long as we walk His way! Amen! :angel: Ma

Ma, what do you want? Based on your walk I would have to say Gods Will ! Well I pray for Gods will in your life but most of all I pray that he wouldn't let you be over taken by anything that He knows your not more than capable of handling. May your pain be less and in your weakness may Gods light shine bright. Don't let the tests bring you down. Think on Christ and know that by his stripes you are healed one way or another. There is no better place to be than in His presence! Love in Christ. Amen. Your brother George

Yes, I trust in Jesus and lean on him and not drs.... This had not happened before and I asked if this was Obama's doing and they just said that they would just know more about what was or not wrong with me...I do not do or listen to everything they tell me, as I have a mind of my own which God rules when I seek His godly Wisdom through His Holy Word and by His Holy Spirit! Amen! :angel: Ma

Yes, a lot has been learned about smoking and those who don't smoke how they are affected, too! During the 40's, 50's and 60's it was cigarettes and smoking them was cool or so they thought but now too many are suffering from the poisons breathed into our bodies....even businesses allowed smokers to smoke at their desks back then and there were cigarettes given freely to the military and got too many of them hooked and now illnesses and deaths are the results! :cry: :angel: Ma

Yeh, they even advertised what brand of cigs the drs liked best! The movies had the actors and actresses smoking and drinking! Times sure change don't they? :blink: :angel: Ma