Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saw a bad crash here yesteday.. We are at Southwick Race track now as my son is racing...

George-CT

STAFFORD SPRINGS, CT, AUG. 9: Tony Hart, the younger brother of freestyler Carey Hart, was killed during practice for the second round of the XTRM/AMA Supermoto Championship at Stafford Springs Raceway in Stafford Springs, Connecticut. He was 21.

Hart, riding for the Rockstar/Hart & Huntington KTM in the Supermoto Lites class, suffered fatal head injuries when he high-sided on the paved third turn of the oval portion of the race coruse. He was transported to a local hospital where he was declared dead.

Officials from both the AMA and XTRM, the series promoters, refused to confirm his death. It was first confirmed by Stafford Motor Speedway, which issued a statement around 7:00 p.m. that read: "It is with deep regret that the Stafford Motor Speedway announces that during a practice session of the AMA/XTRM sanctioned SuperMoto Event, being held today, rider Anthony Hart, age 21 of Henderson, Nevada, succumbed to injuries received while participating in the event. The Speedway extends their condolences to the family and friends of Anthony Hart."

Hart

I am surprised that with his experience that he high-sided...one of the first things taught me was not to lock up the rear wheels and then release them. Please tell your son to ride carefully on that track, and all of you, please ride safe out on the street. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

the tires breaking loose from high speed and your carrying a lot of speed at low angles. It breaks loose and then grabs again, then the bike flips and you go over it.

Here are 2 15 second clips that will show both problems,

The low slid is there one, easy one to walk away from most of the time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJYi4_sBUiQ

The high slid, and bad for the bike and worst for the rider is this one.... These guys are moving...It all happens in a split second...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8XANwQAGYU

I'm pretty decent friends with Doug Henry, who was the promoter of this event. He was sure upset. My daughter was flagging and had pictures of it on her cell phone but I would not put them up anywhere. At first they thought he would make it but then the medic said it was real serious and called in the LifeStar. Even with helmet all head injury. Very sad for him and his family and for Supermoto cross in general.

But accidents can happen and do in most sports. Add speed and the risk goes way up, add the kind of speed these guys get with little body protection at those real high speeds and the results can be terminal.

George-CT

n/t

I suspect that the rider in that second video was hurt pretty bad with that bike coming down on top of him. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)