Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saved the last for the Best....................

ROD P

It was an early start, as digger Dave and I caught the first ferry to Victoria. Leaving at 6 am we departed on the boat for a day long metal detecting hunt in Victoria,s famous Beacon Hill park.This park, has been around since the mid 1800,s, and has given up a great many treasures to the many people who have swung a coil over it,s old soil. Including myself, as I have found my share of treasures there.As we sailed along, I found myself,dreaming of all the old coins just waiting there for Dave and myself.After docking and getting off the ferry,it was a short drive to the park.As we arrived we quickly started to hunt.And as is the norm,Dave found 3 or 4 silver coins, while I found none.As the day went on,Dave,s tally of old silver climbed.Mine on the other hand was very small, a few newer silver coins was all I had to show.As the hunt was drawing to an end, I decided to dig one last target then leave. A nice solid beep came through my headphones, so I dug a plug and scooped out the dirt. I then ran my coil over the mound of dirt, the object was in the dirt pile.I soon spotted the shape of a coin with dirt packed around it.Great I thought,another cent.But to my amazement it was a old dime.I rubbed off the dirt and read the date,1850.I could hardly contain myself. I was holding a 1850 seated liberty dime.this was the oldest coin I had ever found. I ran over to Dave and showed him. His eyes almost fell out of there sockets.We soon left for home,me with a big grin on my face.So you see sometimes the best is really saved for last.:detecting:

n/t

n/t