Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturdays hunt. Not too bad

norton4

Over Thanksgiving we headed up to our grandparents house. They live on part of an old plantation. There are cellar holes, chimneys, parts of walls and at least one cabin still standing throughout the nearby woods. There are even some I haven't found. I have spoken to most of the owners of the different parts of the plantation and all of them say nobody has searched their land be-for. One is thinking of getting a detector himself.
While I was hunting (deer not relics or coins) I found what appears to be part of an old building. So later in the day I went back up there with my detector. It's well hidden, you cant see it looking into the woods but you can see my grandparents house when your at it. There's mostly iron there and I dug almost every iron beep i got. I found out that all the nails and trash seems to be concentrated in one area while the better stuff was on the other side of the object. That may be due to masking though. I had to leave most of what I found up there because I simply couldn't carry it all. But I left it in a neat little pile as not to dig them all again next time I'm up there. I found my first harmonica reed, I instantly knew that's what it was from a few of other posts on here). I also found 3 of the same button, at least I think they are buttons. One has very little of the back on it the other two have none. I can make out a star on either side of them but not the design at the top and bottom. Part of the design on top looks like a sword. I found a little buckle ( from a shoe?), what appears to be a lamp base, and an axe head as well.

DSC00110-1.jpg

When you click on this picture it turns it upside down, I don't know why. Anyone recognise this kind of button?
DSC00112.jpg

I don't have any idea what this is.
DSC00114-1.jpg

I think I've seen this exact item on some other posts.
DSC00115-1.jpg