Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturday's colonial and civil war hunt

TNreb

We all planned on going hunting Saturday and as of early Friday night we still did not have a site yet. One site we planned on hunting was canceled because the owner is selling the property and was showing it Saturday. He told us that he will let the new owner know about us and will give us his contact info. I had two others to call. One was a CS campsite that the owner gave me permission to hunt but he was out of town until late Friday or Saturday. When I called he still wasn't home. My next call was to a site I hunted a while back. It is a farm that has been in the family since the 1700's and the house was a Confederate HQ during the war. At first he said he does not allow anyone to hunt but after I told him who I was he quickly said "Oh yeah I remember you. Come on out". Sham and Bob met at my house and we made the trip to the site. Right away we started finding stuff. After about an hour the owner came into the field to see how we were doing. I introduced him to Sham and Bob and we all had a great visit. He then pointed to the woods and told us that a store used to sit just inside and the Old Stagecoach road went thru there. He said you can still see the old road. He also told us about the civil war history of the property. This site is pretty large. We mainly stayed in the pasture as we will have to hunt the other parts later. We all found flat buttons, bullets, camp lead and other things. Bob found a really nice very old ring. My best find was a pewter button. I believe that was my first. Later in the afternoon the farm caretaker came out to visit. He also told us of some other sites just up the road that was a Confederate campsite that is also owned by the owner. He also told us that we are very fortunate as the owner does not ever let anyone hunt and he was told by the owner that we are the only ones that will ever be allowed to hunt the property. Man talk about making you feel good. We had a great time and found a lot of trash as this place has been in operation since the 1700's. Still tons of areas to hunt with hopes of a GW button, CS button or some really old coins. We put our finds in a display case and gave to the owner. If anyone knows anything about the pewter button please let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cETFb7Vp5pA

Nice. That's a lot of field to cover, could take years. Thanks for the video and pics!

Good post. Keep em coming.