Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturday, trip to Cape Cod..

Ron J

This weekend is the end of my Spring vaca. :sadwalk: But i did accomplish alot. Did some yard work, built a new Catwalk for my pier. Got my new tydeebowl boat registered, and used it! Went to Portland Maine, etc.Today i had high enough tide to launch my float! Saturday drove to Cape Cod, with Al, and brought to of the grandsons, James and Nic. We had a great time. We did something i have wanted to do since being a little kid, viisiting relatives in Provincetown, and that was to take a Dune Trip! Walked them when i was a youngster, with my Dad, but that was it. So i made some quick reservations. We were in Ptown at about 11:00, and the reservations were at 1:00, so we walked and shopped, grabbed some pizza and relaxed. At 12:45 we walked across the street to Art's Dune Tours. They have been in busness since about 1941. We got are tickets, and hopped in their Suburban. (If i was able to get a permit, could of used my own,but fat chance on that) The driver was a local of course, Al knew him, but i failed to catch his name. He was very social, and knew the local history well.[attachment 89800 DSC04399.jpg] I knew this fact, but he mentioned it as part of his speal, "the Pilgrams landed in Provincetown originally, thats what the Monument represents. They settled in "Plymouth" and did not land at Plymouth Rock! Just so you know! :D Most of the Cape is part of the National Park system, :Cape Cod National Seashore to be exact. The have extremely tight rules about the Dunes, and the vegetation. The grass/weeds etc.,keep it from being washed away. Kind of looks like a desert. During the trip we saw some of the dune shacks that are left from the early days. Most of the people were or are famous writers or poets who live in solitude for the season. The Park Service owns the shacks, and i believe there may be a lottery to live in for a season.[attachment 89801 DSC04403.jpg][attachment 89802 DSC04410.jpg] We stopped for a photo op![attachment 89803 DSC04417.jpg] James[attachment 89804 DSC04418.jpg] and Nic.Think he was Happy? :D[attachment 89808 DSC04419.jpg]Rj

Looks and sounds like you had a good trip , things are getting busy around the farm now with planting and prep that has to be done , maybe even a bit of a late start for the giant ones , but at this point I feel just playing the game is a lot . Good to see you had a great time , feel free to stop by on the way through / by in your travels , you are Welcome Ron ... Thanks for sharing
Bill G.

Those are the things those boys will always treasure. Interesting ventures and most importantly, your time. Riding those dunes looks like that could be lots of fun. :cheers: