Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sand Shark Connector ?

Deese

This may be old news to some of you,but has tesoro sorted out the coil connector shortage they had? I want to build a coil for my sand shark.

Last I heard they are now set up to make their own connector and are working the kinks out of the processes. Hope they are getting close. I haven't called the factory recently, maybe someone else has and has even better information.

This whole thing is really quite silly,I am holding it in my hand its not complicated at all.I would hate to think that halted production of a product as good as the sand shark.

All joking aside, I have talked to dealers,Tesoro themselves, and its always a few more weeks, that started in 5/09. Finally in 6/10 Tesoro emphatically said,August, they even advertised in the Lost Treasure magazine in the April issue, for the return of the Tiger Shark. Well here it is almost Oct. No Shark. My opinion, Its not coming back, and the company is going to be bought out. Hope I'm wrong.

The connectors they used are still made by several manufacturers, they are called "M16" connectors. You won't be able to buy the kind of cable assembly you want (this was custom made for Tesoro), but you can find a "field-attachable" connector that you can use with your own cable.

- Carl

Carl-NC said:
The connectors they used are still made by several manufacturers, they are called "M16" connectors. You won't be able to buy the kind of cable assembly you want (this was custom made for Tesoro), but you can find a "field-attachable" connector that you can use with your own cable.

- Carl
Thanks Carl,I will check those M16's out. What is so special about the tesoro cable? I dont know enough about it yet to know what I want. I'm going to keep reading in your forum and start experimenting this fall though.

There's nothing special about the cable, it's just coax. Tesoro had the cable and connector custom made as an assembly, so that the connector was overmolded and sealed. You won't be able to buy it this way. However, you can buy a field-attachable connector and use your own coax.

- Carl