Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sample F70 Settings

smokinmark

Hello all. My F70 and I are getting along better now. I was wondering if you all would post samples of settings you use under different conditions. Thanks in advance. Mark.

Mark, I have been telling everybody about the Sens@55 and Thres@+5,6,7. Be careful with these settings. Yesterday was out on a man made beach. I had the standard coil on because sand isn't very deep over the crushed gravel. The sand was wet under a few inches dry sand. Sand would stick to the scoop. On this beach I was only getting maybe 3" on a quarter. It is kind of important to take a few coins along and test the sand on the beach to see just what depth your going to be getting in the disc mode. I ended up running AT with Sens@90 and Thres@+4. Thanks to Cache Man and his settings info. :please: Ended up with 28 coins, cheap ring (#19) and hot wheels. I don't do much land hunting except tot lots when out and about waiting for wife to finish shopping or getting hair done.
Mark the sand conditions change daily so you will have to change daily. The F70 will handle it but be aware that you will have to adjust.
Sorry guys. Thanks for reading and Happy Trails.....Z

if you want to find out how to set up your F-70 research my posts you will get a eye opener, the way that I found out how to adjust my detectors is the best way for you to learn to is to put the coil on the ground and detect try different settings and don't be afraid that you will trash, THIS is the best way to learn. HH:detecting:

Different soil conditions, electric power lines, your preferences on chatter, other EMI will make the settings for your F70 different than mine. You need to play with it until you feel comfortable. After saying that i run Sen. as high as i can get it before that chatter drives me insane, Disc. 1, Thres. -3(anything more will chatter your ear off in my location), 2F tone(it just sounds like a YES or NO to me) , Speed Default. You should say what conditions you have in your area for more help. I live in a heavy materialized area in middle America.