Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Same old Question... Which small coil for me??

FarmerJ

I was hope for a bit of help on a topic I know has been beat to death, so sorry for that. I want a small coild for heavy trash areas... Very heavy. For this reason I think the 6x8 will still be to big. Was leaning toward the 5.5 exellerator or 5 sunray. But not really sure. Any advise or info would be more helpful. Thanks for the time.

I have the sunray 5'' I like alot. I took it to a heavy hunted site to the trashiest section in the park. I tried my 8'' sunray there before and it was still to big. Anyways I bought the 5'' took it there and dug a 1895 Barber quarter only 4'' down! It was in the hole with a rusted bottle cap a wad of foil and a pulltab! But I kept getting that 12-46 reading so I kept digging and there it was. I have also heard good things about the 6'' excellerator coil. I bought the sunray because it is a little bit lighter.

I've got the sunray 5'' but don't have any other small coils to compare it to.
I did get a merc today with the 5" at 3" deep with 2 big nails underneath the merc.
Had been over the area previously with the pro coil 11" on and had missed it.
A small coil in high trash is must for me. Deepest coin with the 5" sunray was around 6" , have only used the little coil for about a week so am still getting used to it.
I do have a 8" sunray which is great, has great depth and seperation.

Sunray make Quality stuff. i just picked up coiltek line too. The 5X10" joey coil is good too!

n/t

I had a 5'' Sunray. For me it was simply too small, and in my ground it struggled on depth. I sold it and got a 6'' Excellerator. Better depth and somewhat better coverage, but still rockin' on the separation. Of course your results may vary.

w

The 6" EXcelerator was specifically designed for maximum depth on small to medium size coins, rings, gold nuggets and relics. The size offers a good compromise between search coils that are slightly smaller and larger in higher mineralized grounds.This small coil will amaze you at its depth on even the smallest of targets..

Does anyone following this thread have any experience or knowledge of the Minelab FBS 800 coil? Does it have good separation and does it work well in heavy trash areas?

That coil is suppose to be an 8" coil but I hear it is actually about 7

Feel free to give me a call. The X-5 separates better than any of the sniper coils out. Thanks, Bart