Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Salt!

Ron J

Like George and everyone else, its Collldd! Snowy, and icy.Most towns have depleted their plowing / salting / overtime budgets! And Salt Piles were getting short.. Snooping around today, i drove to Boston to eyeball any ships or waterfront activity's? You never know. On the way back, i swung off the Tobin Bridge to Chelsea. There had been an old fishing trawler, i have photographed in the past, figured i would see if it were still there. It was, so i took a couple more of it, this time the tide was partially up. Last time the tide was low, leaving it high and dry. It wouldn't float anyway... On the other side of the road, is where there is usually a mountain of salt year round. And i mean a mountain..not today, was almost dry..Normally, the salt pile would be so high, you wouldn't know there was a ship at the dock from the street. There was a ship being unloaded ,by three derricks...[attachment 116286 DSC07220.jpg][attachment 116287 DSC07227.jpg][attachment 116288 DSC07222.jpg][attachment 116289 DSC07225.jpg] Yes, the trawler is still there..someday i would like to inquire if it would be possible to acquire the Mast. It would make a great Flagpole! Specially with the Mast Light still attached!If only it could talk,no doubt some history here. Come to think of it, That Pilot house would make a great shed! Hmmmm....[attachment 116290 DSC07203.jpg][attachment 116291 DSC07207.jpg]

they are not plowing much in my town either....no $$$$$$$$$ Sad part is I'm hearing more snow mid week...... Lets hope it miss's us or is not much.... I'm wearing outmy new plow blade...

Geo

n/t

n/t

except for the rim around the top of the main body, correct? Also, what is the bridge in the back ground of the next to last picture? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

The first is with Street View and the other is with the Satellite view.
Those little camera icons are just different 360 degree views you can get with Google Earth

[attachment 116336 Trawler1.jpg]

[attachment 116337 Trawler2.jpg]

I use to see fishing trawlers like that when I was Scallop fishing on the East Coast, never could figure out why they started towing from the bow. It would scared the fire out of me to drag two 7000 pound dredges from the bow, to have equipment failure and watching that cable coming toward the wheel house. I was told that one of those eastern rigs as we called them, this really long one, and narrow we use to see a lot was a WWI submarine chaser, it made been converted over to a trawler, But it was fast in the water, and rolled really bad. I guess they made money with it, and that what counted.

with Google Earth, if they give me enough information that is. You named the town and the name of the bridge so all I had to do is look:thumbup: