Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Salem Ferry to Beantown.... pt one

Ron J

[attachment 66094 ferryride001.jpg] This Ferry, "Nathaniel Bowditch" , runs out of Salem Ma.,daily, for the last two years.Been meaning to take a joy ride on it for awhile.Haven't been to Beantown by boat,since i got rid of my 21'Larson a few years ago. I'm on vaca this week,so figured i would take my 3 grandson's for the ride.Wendy,my daughter came along also. From Salem,its only a 45 minute jaunt on this vessel. Great scenery,heading out of Salem Harbor,past Marblehead Neck,House Island, The Graves,(lighthouse),Deer Island,(a current Sewer treatment plant)formerly a prison! Past Logan Airport,and many Boston Harbor islands,into Boston,docking at the Aquarium. The Ferry cruise's right along,[attachment 66098 ferryride005.jpg]being a catamaran,she rides well.[attachment 66099 ferryride003.jpg]Here is James,and Max,on the port side..[attachment 66095 ferryride006.jpg][attachment 66097 ferryride009.jpg] Here is a barge,loaded with containers,heading in.[attachment 66100 ferryride011.jpg]

Is there any special reason that it was designed that way? Those boys look like they are enjoying themselves. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

It also has no propellers,it thrust drive,kinda like a jet. A thruster on each hull.She can run over Lobsterpot Buoys,and not harm them. Where as a propeller would cut the line off the buoy.[attachment 66118 ferryride049.jpg][attachment 66119 ferryride069.jpg][attachment 66120 ferryride070.jpg]

n/t

n/t