Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sailing School Beach....

stpauli914

So I went yesterday afternoon and hunted a beach in front of a sailing school for a couple hours. The trash was unbelievable! Pull tabs GALORE!! One thing I found interesting though, A large majority of them(75%) were the "old style" pull tabs and deep. Also found some very corroded pennies. I got so tired of digging the junk I slowly started turning up the discrimination. I feel this area may be worth a few tries since it seems that it hasn't been hunted very well(unless those that have hunted it use disc high enough to reject pull tabs) . Probably not though since there are pennies too. Lots of sailers beach their boats here and I can just imagine something valuable has been lost at some time. Any pointers do doing a better search? Like I said I can't go 2 ft without getting a target when I run Disc at 0. How much should I discriminate to try and find some good stuff??

Aaron

Man, sounds like a GREAT spot, Aaron..Better keep your disc low, like maybe bobbie pin neighborhood if any at all...most of your gold will be in foil or tab range, if there was a swimming raft out deeper in the old days, or off the end of the dock, thats gotta be a honey hole. Figure on digging 1000 tabs and just go for it...silver will ring high as you know..but that danged gold hides with the junk. Once you find one gold, all those tabs start sounding sweeter. You gotta be pretty sure theres something valuable there, sailors, boats, water, old tabs...theres gold there alright! maybe a big bangle bracelet! Yep, better run with 0 'scrim for a while...
HH
Mud.

If your finding pull tabs and nickles you'll find the gold.
If you clean ot the pull tabs you'll not have them to bother you next time.
Good luck.

I agree with JW I would purposely dig all the tabs and throw them in the rubbish bin than go back and hit it hard. If you disc out tab you will miss the thin gold and gold is gold no matter if it's thin or thick,big or small .
Just my 2 scoops.
drewan

I hear you guys. I will probably hit it once a week for a couple hours at a time. I'm sure it will take a few weeks to clear out the tabs but I may find something interesting in between. The nice thing is, it obviously hasn't been detected hard probably because of the trash. I will hit it on days that the tides don't work out on the regular beaches. I just may have to turn my volume down a bit until I clear a few more tabs out, those things sound off LOUD!!

Aaron

Leave the Discrimination low or you will lose gold too. A lot of gold rings will show up in the pull tab nickel range, however there is a different tone that gold will give you compared to those pull tabs. I know there is an over abundance of those pull tabs but if you hear several of them and then hit a gold ring you will recognize the size and shape of the sound that is noticablely different than the pull tabs.The sounds are very similar between pull tabs, nickels and gold but there is a difference. Better to dig than not dig if you can't tell the difference.

One of Two things with that area, either noone has detected in a long time or the one's that have tried gave up because of all the junk. Persistency in this area will probably be rewarding.

Aaron, I have some Excalibur signal tones on my computer. PM me you e-mail address and I can send them to you.

BCOOP