Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari ????

wyohunter99

You guys have probally been asked this a 1000 times but what is the deepest coin you have found with the Safari???? How did the tone sound? Was the vdi right? I am new to Minelabs and have a Safari on order.... Thanks

Hello ! .... I am a brand new to the Safari and have maybe 12 hrs on it.

I find that I am digging for targets far deeper than I enjoy digging.

Was in the park a few days ago and my Leschee digger was way down in the hole
past the red handle. Lot of work to get that dime !! So as far as depth is
concerned .... I don't think you have to worry!

Still learning the sounds and stuff but I need to be more patient too!

Get Andy Sabish's book Mastering the Quattro as it will help you understand your new machine and make the learning curve so much easier. Don't worry about air test results. Decide if you prefer conductive sounds or ferrous sounds get a good digger and go slow. There is a video on mlotv that will help get you started on the sounds. Hope this helps. HH :minelab:

that are 7-9 inches every time !!! Id is correct also..I'm finding alot of coins that I missed with other machines going over the same area..

Good luck.. Mark ( ohio )

Thanks for all of the replys guys!!!! Cant wait untill it gets here... I am going to Missouri this summer and hopefully find the older deeper coins my Fisher ID Excel missed!!!!!

Your going to have to dig deep all right.Been digging lots of holes with mine .Lots of deep ones.Got to make me a new digger a long one It does a great job though You'll be happy. Be persistant. Practice. I'm finding all kinds of things with mine.

Get yourself 5 gal bucket with bucket boss tool holder,3 digging tools one to 14 inch's,small spade,Knife to cut plug.5 plastic drinking water bottles to put in bucket boss 2 for drinking for digging a lot more and deeper than you ever have before.3 bottles for watering the biggest plugs you ever have had to cut in 30 plus years of detecting.Insect spray because you will not want to leave because of all the goodies you are finding.Large plastic sheet to put dirt on I use for sale sign looks like plastic card board folds up good fits in bucket.I have had Safari 15 days 30 hours about in field on 3rd set of batteries.Put extra batteries in bucket boss also Safari eats up batteries like 1970,s pickup uses gas.I was disappointed doing air test when I got Safari all my fishers would beat it in air test.But in the field it goes deep my deepest coin was 9 inches on wheat.Buttons to 12 inches I think it will go deeper but I am using coins and jewelery not digging anything lower than 30.Most of the coins I am finding in these hunted out parks are less than 6 inches Safari will find coin right next to a piece of junk.I have found 17 silver dimes and I Washington silver quarter, 81 wheat's,3 Indian heads and a huge amount of junk- toy cars,bullets,very small hammered horse nails,cheap jewelery,fishing sinkers,etc.The first weekend I dug several holes but could not find target gave up refilled hole.If you can not do any of the above get a pin pointer I bought a garret and I love it there may be better out there but it will save you a lot of frustration.I have dug watch pins,small pieces of clipped copper wire 4 inches down the size of a BB.I have played with other modes when I get out in fields this fall will use them.

If you don't dig anything less than 30 then ....
are you passing up the jewelry! .... I think so anyway.

But its whatever you like to do! :thumbup:

Yea I know I am trying to get the good coins before someone else shows up with Safari or E-trac then I will go back and really dig.

Get yourself a shovel cos your gonna need it! I dug a coin at 12" in hard pasture almost gave up as it was the end of day ( thought it might be another piece of worked lead ? ) but out popped a 2 reales of Spain dated 1721 Madrid mint , boy was I chuffed it made my day!
Fred:ukflag:

Went out tonight 2 hours with safari old farm house no coins,11 fruit jar lids which read about 33 deepest 13 inches came in loud and clear.nice sad Iron that was at 14 inches deep reads Asbestos on top wife likes it new door stop I think.0ne inch red tin box 7 inches down looks like new says Montgomery ward split shot with split shot inside.3 horse shoes,brass hose nozzle got tired quit.All items above read 30 plus.Garret pinpointer was picking up zinc fruit jar lids over 6 inches away kind impressed with that.

I also went out tonight for a few hours and I was one busy fella.
I hit the area where the swings were and found a bunch of clad, pop tabs,
pull tabs and more pull tabs!

This Safari finds the targets deep! I was tired of digging for sure.

I find that I have to dig everything because if you don't you will miss the
good stuff. If the signal is solid and repeatable from all sides, I dig it!

Still not decided if I should get the Pro Coil, the Sunray X8, or the 6x8 SEF!

Let's have a vote!

Larry 56: What coil came on your Safari? All I've seen came with the Pro-Coil and mine really works great. Have a Sun-Ray X-12 and the 5 and they work very well. Check out Bryce's coil test on the Explorer forum, he has tested most all of them. Very informative reading. HH :minelab:

Hi Heshey!

Thanks for the reply! My Safari that I purhcased from Kellyco came with the
11 inch coil.

I checked out the review page that Bryce has on the coils but ......
he does not really get specific about recommending any one in particular.
He mentions alot of good choices however.

Larry

If I get another coil for mine I think it will be the x-5... Sounds like people really like it read the review on it http://www.sunraydetector.com/testing_the_sunray_x-5_coil.htm

I think you helped me settle my coil issue too!

I re-read the review on the X5 and .... one thing stands out for me.

I like the fact that it is also made here in the States and the warranty closes the sale for me!

Thanks Again!
Larry

You won't be sorry about getting the X-5. I have one and it is great. You just have to slow down because of it's size. The X-12 also works very well. Bryce Brown wrote an excellent article in last month's Western&Eastern Treasure magazine field testing the X-12. Ralph at Sun-Ray will take care of any problems if you ever have any. HH :minelab:

I love my 8x6 SEF coil. At first I wasn't sure if that was what I should get but the sales rep swore by it and once I started using it I fell in love.

I have NOT used the other coils but the SEF is much easier to use than the 11 Pro. It stays on my detector nearly all the time except for the beach or the large fields.

I am able to pick up a Dime 10" down. But after using it for a while I find myself actually turning down the sensitivity to help with the separation and speed. Depth is no issue with the Safari, you will get more than you want or need. It has been my experience that most of my good finds are between 4 - 8 inches anyway. I tend to ignore 14-17 VDI signals if near the surface (pulltab) and I used to look for the signal of 38 but now I look for "Small" objects and have been doing much better ever since.