Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari vs X-Terra 70

stevecoleccs

Newbie Here! I have not been coinshooting or relic hunting for a long, long time, I'm sure there have been some technology advances since the early 80s.

I'm mostly interested in coinshooting (no beaches) with an occasional relic hunting. I live in Atlanta, so I know the soil here may be different to other parts of the world. Seems most people here use Whites, but I just cannot stand the "target sound" of the Whites.

So I had my eye on the newest from Minelab, Safari, however the X-Terra 70 has many great reviews, any thoughts out there, thanks for taking the time & keep digging!

The Safari and the X70 are both great choices for relic hunting in Noth Ga. I was using a X50 before I got the Safari. My Brother just swithed from a Fisher 1270 to a X70 with no regrets. Minelab machines seem to handle the goofy minerals in this area better than other machines, and I've used a bunch of them over the last 30 yrs. Including a few Whites machines, which I liked also for the most part.

I've had the X70 (w/3 coils) for a couple of years now and it kicks butt! Just recently I also had the pleasure to use my friend's new Safari. It's a great machine, it seems to seek out and ID targets deeper than the X70 does. The only draw back I see is that the ID numbers on the Safari is all too close for pennies, dimes, quarters and some gold objects. It seems to increase the 'crap shoot' mentality of what is actually underneath your coil. The X70 seems to have the Safari beat in that respect. If I had the choice to pick all over again, in the beginning that is. I would pick the Safari and practice the hands on learning curve for a while. Like I said...it plain simply hunts deeper than the X70 and with all its penatrating frequencies, the Safari will ID deeper targets more accurately! :thumbup: Wish I had more time on it for a better review.

Just my two bits worth....Max

Oh!...Another point is that most Minelab coinshooting machines just are not the best machines for the Southern California beaches (wet sand areas) unless it's a Minelab Excalibur I or II. It's next on my wish list! :super:

I heard from my counterparts that X-Terra loves big and medium (!) rusty items. With Safari I don't think it will be a problem. Maybe just only bigger items like medieval helmets.

Just two my cents....

My heart is also split up into two equal parts. I love the Terra for being in pre-1000 USD price range. I like Safari for its discrimination capabilities.
Note also: Ukrainian dealers ask for the Terra 800-850 USD and for Safari 1195 USD. So I am green with envy when see what prices gives Kellyco for the US detectorists. You are happy campers, guys!

P.S. Sorry for my English. I don't feel all the nuances of your mother language.

The nuance of our native tongue has been so bastardized over the years it is different from one part of the country to the next. The southerners and the northerners have such a time deciphering what the other is saying that your use of the language is no problem! Onus