Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari vs MXT?

stevecoleccs

Any one have any REAL experience with BOTH of these machines? I want to do mostly coinshooting, some relic, No beaches or gold hunting.
Many thanks!

Hi,i have owned the minelab quattro which is the model the safari is based on(the safari has a new style coil and a few tweaks) they are almost identical machines.I also own the whites matrix m6 which is a simplified MXT ...both perform about the same so i feel i can give u a pretty accurate comparison of the two machines even though i have'nt owned the exact machines u are asking about.
Basically which ever machine u choose out of the two u mention you will find a lot of good stuff with.I found the quattro to have the slight depth advantage over my M6 and it coped well with any soil condition u could throw at it....probably due to it's multi frequency operation.It was also exceptional on the beach(although u say u don't want to beach detect),However if u do ever want to do a spot of beach detecting u will not beat a minelab.The downside for me about this detector was it's ability....or lack of ability in trash.The recovery speed was too slow on my fields and i know i was missing good targets in amongst the iron.The detector does have a high trash setting that addresses the problem to a certain extent but it is still a fairly slow machine in trashy areas.

The M6 is the detector i still own for a number of reasons.It will cope with any soil conditions(although it may chatter slightly on some of my sites) but not enough to make detecting difficult,it will perform well on the beach(although not quite as well as the minelab),it's ultra sensitive to the tiniest finds and it performs excellent in higher trash areas.It's these last two points that make me favour the M6 for my particular fields....most of my fields contain a lot of trash.If i was to use the safari for a seasons hunting and then the M6 for another seasons hunting on a wide variety of fields and then compared finds i would not really expect one machine to have performed much better than the other.....they are both excellent machines,it's just that the m6 is more suited to the land i search on.If i searched fields that were relatively free of trash i may favour the safari for it's slight increase in depth......the choice is yours.:thumbup:

Go with the MXT! Why, it's by far the better machine...................:whites:..........:thumbup:

[size=x-large][/size]
Nauti Neil said:
Have u ever tested the safari???
Yes, my son has one. We hunt allot together, He bought a MXT and hasn't used the Minelab Safari since. And I can say honestly that it will not go deeper then the MXT...:whites:...:thumbup:

Yes the machine is a higher quality, and as far as depth the MXT and Safari are about the same out of the box but the coils changes that you have on the MXT will make it go deeper. Now with that said, I don't know what coils the Safari has to offer, but he had the 11" DD that came with it and a 6" EXcelerator and my MXT would get better depth with the 4.5 X 7 EXcelerator then his Minelab using the 6" EXcelerator.
One more thing to add there is a guy here in Ok. that belongs to the Three Forks Treasure hunters club that uses the Minelab Safari and was using the 11" DD coil and I was going behind him with the MXT using the 10 X 14 Excelerator coil and was finding things he was passing over.

Not only is it higher quality, but you will get Whites superior customer service if you ever need it and it is also built right here in America. I have a MXT for me and a M6 for my daughter. She likes the multi tones of the M6. What's great is all my coils are interchangeable.