Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari Tone Question

GoldHunter80

Hello all..I'm new to this forum and metal detecting in general..I have a quick question regarding the Safari and the stock coil..btw I have checked in previous posts on here but couldn't find the answer to my question..so here it goes..if I bump something with my coil while I'm detecting an area I will get a tone just like I do if I have detected an object in the ground..I just wanted to know if this is normal and anybody else has experienced this as well or do I have a faulty coil or a loose connection somewhere..I thought I remembered reading somewhere that if you bump the coil accidentally you can get a false reading or tone from doing so..any input on this is greatly appreciated..GL and HH..

What happens if you have it on something away from any metal and tap a wood stick against the coil?
I just tried this with mine and get no response.

Also, if you have used it, remove your coil cover and make sure there is nothing in it causing the falsing.

DirtAngler I'll check out your suggestions and let you know what I find out..I've been out detecting with it a half a dozen times or so and overall it seems like it's working properly for the most part..but this is the first detector I've owned or used for that matter so I don't have anything to really compare it to..I have also taken the coil cover off whenever I've returned from a day at the beach to clean out any sand that may have gotten inside of it, so that isn't a factor at this point..

I just fired mine up and bumped a couple of chairs and did not get any noise. If your machine is new why don't you ask Minelab about it??

I just tested the coil out with the wood stick like you suggested and I had the same results as you posted earlier...I'm gonna do some bench testing with various targets tonight so I can familiarize myself with the tones and TID#'s of the Safari..

Gunsil-if it had made any noise when I used the wood stick to test it that was going to be my next course of action..

Ok thanks for the replies to that..I too kinda thought it was a normal thing so to say..I wanna say that I remember reading that it would do that but I don't remember where it was..lol I feel a little better knowing that others have experienced the same type of thing too..I will be glad when I finally learn my Safari and understand all the tones as well..thanks again guys..HH and GL