Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari and Etrac shafts the same????

wyohunter99

I am thinking about ordering a Sunray x-1 probe for my Safari... I need to find out if the Etrac upper shaft is the same as the Safari. I dont want to send my shaft in to have the control housing for the probe mounted to it. They do offer pre mounted Etrac shafts....

Yes,

The shafts are interchangeable, at Sun Ray they have the pre-mounted probes I can not remember how much they charge if you do not have a core to exchange. It was reasonable I remember because I had just gotten my Safari at the time and did not what to lose it for shipping and install time.

This is one awesome product you will not regret purchasing, I do not think I could own another detector without one. A couple of thoughts to keep in mind however, the control switch mounts mid-shaft on the upper. While the probe is water proof the control switch is only water resistant, this will limit how far you can put your shaft into bodies of water. I have not found this to be a great nuisance since I do not venture too far out if at all. The other minor caveat is that the cord from your main coil will now have to be wrapped around your lower shaft, instead of going through the shaft in the original configuration.

Besides these two minor changes the in-line probe will definitely save you much time pulling your targets. It is a great tool for those hard to find items as you can also use the pinpoint mode to center targets or the depth indicator can help with how far you need to dig (the X1 has about a three inch range).

If you decide to get one I can give you some helpful hints I have found in my experiences.

Good Hunting! Q

Q hit the nail on the head. You won't be sorry for getting yourself a Sun-Ray probe. Just get the one that will be most comfortable for you either right or left hand. Good Luck and HH. :minelab: