Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SAD TIME OF THE YEAR:sad walk:

C.J.M.

So many lonely people this time of the year,some have lost friends to time.Some never had friends,so many school mates have died and some will never be remembered.Pray for this that are having such a rough time,some are suffering like my neighbor that just found out she has breast cancer and having to start chemo.All the homeless people that are just wandering around trying to find a warm place to lay in.I think about all those kids in Saint Jude cancer hospital and their parents suffering with the pain.This month is the leading month for suicides .Lord help us all.:please:

And among the long list of people that suffer the most during the Holiday season are Senior Citizens. Many haven't seen family in months; some years; and for far too many, loneliness is the number one reason for illness that doctors simply cannot identify. For some, it's as if the world has forgotten them. They simply don't matter anymore to anyone. How do I know this? I'm one of them in a strange sort of way. I haven't seen family in over a year. The only visitors are those of my church and even they don't come as often as they used to. For many of us, Christmas is a season without hope and yet we hang on, by the grace of Almighty God and by our child like faith. We encourage one another, pray for one another, care for one another doing the little things that matter to bring peace & hope and, by giving to others, we momentarily forget our own pain & loneliness. The one thing that keeps most of us going, who are forgotten, is that we know God loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for us. Praise God & Merry Christmas!

The same with me Martin, I have been alone many years, after the divorce that caused so many changes in our family! My kids are busy with their lives and family and now grandkids...my great-grandkids...and don't have a lot of time for me like they do their dad's side of the family but I'm a Christian and most aren't...Tami is but cannot see me often because of distance, health, work, without good transportation and etc., but I know she loves me and she doesn't get to see her grandchildren very often because her son, Joey, says he is an Atheist and is angry with both his mom and his grandmother (me). Tami and I have been good to him, his wife and two daughters but listens to lies told by his grandpa and the woman he lives with! Praying for their lost souls so they will take her granddaughters to see her, for they are more able to do so than she is to travel! God hears and I know he is answering prayers! May God Bless all to spend Christmas with someone and just know Jesus is with us all the time by keeping our minds upon Him and not our loneliness and troubles! Amen! :angel: Ma

This is a sad post, but a necessary one. It is easy to forget the isolated and lonely ones as Christmas is so busy for many of us.

We are blessed with a large family and most of them are genuine Christians. That is not to say, however, that all is goodness and light as some of them are struggling in various ways and need our fellowship and prayer.

There is a real problem in trying to reach lonely people. We have tried it over the years in several Churches where Robyn and I have been involved and it is not an easy task. Many lonely ones are too shy, or fearful, or who knows what? and they will not allow you into their lives. Right now I am praying about this very matter as there are many lonely an isolated people in our area.

I have often thought how helpful this Forum (and others like it) must be to many. It is a bit of a lifeline to the outside world, but many isolated people do not know about this type of thing.

Anyway dear friends, may the Joy of the Lord be yours this Christmas Season and may the New Year bring some answers and the Lord's blessings to all of us.

Merry Christmas, Nyal, and this forum and others are a lifeline into the world surrounding me, as I don't get out very often because being elderly and not in good health with low finances...but I've found blessings and fellowship by the forums and with my neighbors close to me and many friends by telephone and a few letters, as people do not write letters any more like they used to do! Communication is different these days than in the past! Too many families find themselves too busy to visit or call because of trying to keep working and keep their own heads above water or from financial ruin in this expensive and sinful world! May God Bless and when I am with my sister, I hope to be able to help more people financially and otherwise by attending church with her, for I'm not able to drive that much any longer and especially after dark as I have night blindness! God sure needs more laborers in the fields ripe for harvesting souls for Jesus! Amen! :angel: Ma

I agree, life can be hard!!!! I have been lonely and I have been depressed and I have wallowed in my worries!!!! but what got me out of it was moving closer to god and putting on the armor of his word!!!! reading the bible daily for at least one hour would do wonders!

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

god bless the lonely and the sad this Christmas, new years and forever!

chuck.

My kids have turned their backs on us 8 years ago,have not seen my grand daughter in 8 years,my son is an alcoholic and has brain washed my grand daughter.My daughter was full of pride and rebellion like my son they think they know all the answers in life and they dance to the devils tune.what they do not realize theres a pay day coming someday and it will be here soon..Life sure passes fast seems like only yesterday I was in high school I have lost a lot of friends over the years all my relatives are gone never to be seen again,they never knew JESUS :cry:
ITS NEVER TO LATE TO FIND JESUS:thumbup:

I was very sorry to read your post CJM and feel for you. My brother has a similar situation to that which you describe and I know a bit about the deep sadness he feels.

However, that same brother brought the family a lot of sadness too over the years until he came to the Lord when he was 60 years old. We despaired that he would ever come to the Lord, but we did pray for him. The faithful Lord was always at work in his life, as he later told us.

So, dear brother, the Lord is also at work in your family too. He is faithful and more is happening in the lives of your loved ones than you may know. Just keep faithful and trusting, and praying with thanksgiving, and you will one day see the hand of the Lord in them. His hand is on them right now, no matter how it may seem.

Hang on to Jesus, Bill, and know He is at work in their lives through prayers for them and all who are lost! I've prayed for years and years for mine to be saved, who hurt me deeply when believing their dad and being on his side during the divorce and afterwards, but praise the Lord, Tami, my youngest daughter has come to truly believe in Jesus by faith, although like all of us, satan tries tormenting her with her sons, an unsaved husband and others around her in whom the devil works to tempt and grieve her....my son isn't saved but helps me when he can but is busy with his own life and unsaved family, who does tell me he loves me sometimes which he hadn't done for many years! My oldest daughter is a good person but not sure she is saved but she thinks she is and is okay....she very seldom comes to see nor calls me but does write a few words on FB at times but not often! Prayers change hearts, so keep doing good to them when possible and praying for their souls....Everything with God is possible, no matter how hopeless it may seem to us, so don't give up on them and keep praying....this sinful world cares not about believers but only for their own, which they honor even when they are evil and have ungodly ways in their lives! Amen! :angel: Ma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7RCsdSGQUc&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTjimzpyE4k

Heavenly Father, I pray you will reach down and help those who are at the very point of giving up life. Those who have nothing left to give but their lives, no one to turn to, no one to come to them in their hour of need - bring forth a miracle in their lives. Send forth Your Holy Angels to minister to those who would be sons of God, send people into their lives who can give them a smile, a kind word, Your Word, to bring them hope in their hopelessness, warm blankets to warm them, hot drink and food to nurish them. Father, you are all knowing and you know their needs and who they are. Please, I ask in the name of Jesus that You meet their needs and bring them to You. Your Word says to Ask and I will Receive so I not only ask but in faith receive the miracles being accomplished in the lives who so deparately need You. In Jesus glorious name. Amen

I do understand. As far as I know I will never see my parents, stepparents or even grandparents as they have all gone. My family is scattered - a brother who has not been a brother since jr high school and my own sons are living worldly and one not teaching the grandkids about God at all. I understand the frustration and even anger not at them but knowing what awaits them if they do not change. Father God bring our families back to us and to you - in Jesus precious name. Amen

The Word is comfort to our tormented souls. Thanks for the reminder of what God wants us to look at.