Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sad that I have an Equinox

Decided to add an Equinox 600 as my back-up detector to my E-Trac. Now that I have used it a few times I am saddened to report that I am not sure the E-Trac will ever go out again. The 600 is amazing! Was easy to learn and is opening up parks that I previously pounded. Don't hate me E-Trac. We will always have our memories.

Glad you're liking it. (I'm also Coin Operated}

I have both detectors but I would not go as far as to say I'm retiring the E-Trac. different tools for different jobs.

I did the same. I held my E-Trac as a backup but after it sat unused for an entire year, I decided I might as well sell it instead of letting the batteries go to crap and lowering its value.

Sold mine to equinox for me is finding just as much or more silver than my Etrac without the weight to

LOL

I've always believed in new technology and it has proven itself over and over to me.

Still love the E-Trac, but, not as much as my Equinox.

I am up in the air with whether my Nox is the better detector for me. I have two friends who are hot shots, silver slayers with their FBS machines, Etrac & Explorer. When I hunted with them, I used my Safari which is the little brother to their machines. At the end of the day, they have several silvers and dozens of wheats in their bags.

True, I have found countless bucket listers with my Nox over my Safari, but then I am also a much better detectorist since owning the Nox. If, I could swing my FBS machine for any good length of time, I would take it out to see how much better I am with it or, how much better my Nox is over the Safari or their FBS machines. It's all a weight problem for me and this is why I swing the Nox... much lighter and has saved my arm due to severe tendonitis. But all-in-all, I am happy with my Nox....love all the options in settings.

Happa54 said:
I am up in the air with whether my Nox is the better detector for me. I have two friends who are hot shots, silver slayers with their FBS machines, Etrac & Explorer. When I hunted with them, I used my Safari which is the little brother to their machines. At the end of the day, they have several silvers and dozens of wheats in their bags.

True, I have found countless bucket listers with my Nox over my Safari, but then I am also a much better detectorist since owning the Nox. If, I could swing my FBS machine for any good length of time, I would take it out to see how much better I am with it or, how much better my Nox is over the Safari or their FBS machines. It's all a weight problem for me and this is why I swing the Nox... much lighter and has saved my arm due to severe tendonitis. But all-in-all, I am happy with my Nox....love all the options in settings.
That’s the same for me but I’m using the nox and finding plenty of silver especially in places I’ve hunted with my old Etrac one park in particular I’ve found so much silver in it with my nox I have no idea how I missed it all with my old Etrac?
Just found my oldest silver coin with the nox a 1776 2 Reale so I even sold my Deus to!

I traded my ctx for a preorder Equinox 800, all 3 coils, waterproof headphones. I made the right decision. I had read about the multi iq and I figured it would do much better in my mineralized soils and I was correct. I relic hunt 90% of the time and the Equinox has been a fantastic choice for me. Runs circles around the CTX for my type of hunting and my soils and sites.

I have the CTX and the NOX There is a difference here ones for high conductors and ones for low conductors .

The NOX runs at 5kh and higher in muti The CTX runs at 1.5kh and higher in FBS 2

I seen where the NOX had a perfect 13 on a nickel at 4 inches deep and my friend called me over to see what the CTX read the target trace was going back and forth on the 12 line from 12.15 to 12.32 and the cursor never stop moving even in pinpoint target trace but target trace would build at 12.32 regardless of where the cursor was .there's a perfect example of this in this video I made https://youtu.be/sfLYK56epLE

Well I think this is happening because of the frequency being used . The NOX ground balancing scheme is running at 5kh or higher and the CTX is running it's ground balancing scheme at 1.5 and higher being at a lower frequency. The CTX would have a harder time hitting a low conductor by running a lower frequency that the low conductor would resonate better by using a higher frequency . Same can be said of the NOX if running a higher frequency for a high conductor that requires a lower frequency .

In the video the CTX builds a trace at 12.32 and the bottom cursor is trying it's hardest to go as far left as it can now crown caps with foil in them leave the same curser going back and forth on the 12 line but the bottom cursor go's all the way to the right into the iron area .

Would this be the same for the NOX on a high conductor it could not ID as seen in the video the nickel ID as 12.32 as to where it usually hits 12.13 I have seen this on the nox where you get 21 and it go's all the way to 40 back and forth making you think iron maybe it's trying to ID it higher same as the CTX and the nickel in the video .?

Minelab states that the nox well not out do the CTX on high conductors (SILVER)
Well you be the judge I like them bought but for park hunting and deep silver I will take the boat anchor .

I have used the NOX where I have hunted with the CTX no silver only wheats very few but I will say this muti iq has a better ground balancing scheme than the FBS in mineral and hit's smaller, dimes on edge small signal and of course low conductors .

As of now it appears you can't have a optimum frequency for both low conductors and high conductors . sube

I bought an Equinox 600 couple weeks ago. New to the sport. Absolutely love it! Even in the 90 degree heat, can’t seem to get enough!

I have the same problem , I just got my new Equanox 800 and I have the Xterra 70 and now its a backup or one friends can use when they go with me.
With the Nox on a part I have hit for years. So today first 10 feet and I hit on 1974 nickel and 10 feet away a 1953 Rosievelt both with only 15 feet and first time I turned the unit on.
My Nox hits hard in trashy areas and that was with stock coil so I can imagine what the 6” is gonna do.

Doug

I’m keeping my Xterra 70 as a backup but I’m thinking more as a dust collector and don’t get me wrong it is a really good machine but my new NOX is blowing it away and I haven’t even started to get into all the bells and whistles that it has and to be able to fine tune it much more.

Doug

Past sunday afternoon nox killed it! am I happy with the machine? you bet!
This makes me so sad!

Had an Explorer first.....did it's job in it's day...….Been swinging an 800 on the beach now for about a month (probably 20 times out). The machine is so stable it's mind boggling.....only once in a while when someone brings some sort of communication device near does it get chatty on me. Not sure what it is either because there's so many people on the beach with phones and what not that I don't know how to figure out what is affecting the detector......once I move away from whoever it is though, the Nox is completely quiet again except for targets. It has only happened a couple times and it's definitely a mobile device because I can hunt the same area for an hour then one show up and runs me out of the area until whoever leaves. Most phones have no affect (including my Samsung Galaxy, I can have it in my pocket and not get a chirp) so I have no idea what causes it.

As a previous comment said, new technology tends to outshine......I'd say that is the case with the Nox. I'm anxious for Minelabs to release a new version of the CTX......I'd like the broader spectrum however it needs new tech with it to make it worth the price tag and get it to significantly outperform the Nox enough to make it worth investing in......For now, dollar for dollar I don't think anything can compete with the Nox…..Just my opinion.

I have read that Yes iPhones in the area will cause chatter because they have The Bluetooth turned on . Try surcharging for a a quiet channel or lower the sensitivity.

Doug

What's "surcharging" ?