Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sad indeed!…...

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Had two long time members message me saying they are no longer going to be posting here. I'm sure others are to follow. Sad day for our forum, happy day for the devil.

This is very sad. Are we praying for each other or just quoting scripture?This use to be one of the best places to be on the forums. Lets make it that way again. As soon as I get to go detecting again I will post some finds. And Ma we love to see and hear about your past finds.

Thank you, Travis, and I will post more photos of my past finds and even some that my brother found or collected! I am just now going through his lock box and another box to see what he had packed before he passed away in 2009! He had moved in with me in Oct 2006, I believe or could have been 2005 and was only with me for a short time, too short!

Because of packing his stuff along with mine and then the movers packed them in moving boxes, I had never gone through his stuff to see or know what he had! Among the items were a small wooden chest filled with items and a zip bag full of coins.....found out most of them were foreign coins including many Canadian quarters and etc. with dates ranging from the 1940's, 60's and 80's! He started detecting after I was down to visit him in 1984, the same year our mother died while I was in FT Pierce, FL with our Club President and his new wife, Judy! We had been to the EPCOT Center and didn't arrive back until Midnight and the Inn had left a message light on the phone and when Bill answered it, I talked to my husband (former now) and he told me about mom dying and needless to say I was broken hearted on top of being dead tired and cold from riding back from the Epcot Center where we all had a great day with a sad ending! They drove me to Hollywood, Florida to be with my brother, Cliff, and then we were on a plane heading for St. Louis, MO! I cried most of the way! Cliff and my nephew, Ricky, were in the smoking section and he came to where I was seated near the window and asked if he could help, but of course not.....tears still flowed off and on! I had not seen him since 1984, when he came up with me to mom's funeral in July and then dad passed away in Oct 1984 but Cliff didn't have the money to make the trip again, so didn't get to be at our dad's funeral....less than 3 months after we lost our mom!

I was so happy to have him come and be with me, especially, since he was so ill and didn't have many years to live with PAH, a disease that is not curable or wasn't at that time! His meds were almost $5,000 a month and NO WAY could he nor I pay for the meds, but the drs (2) made a way for him to take them, but only delayed his death but that was good for me, as I got to be with him longer until he was put permanently in Hospice from July 21 to Aug 12, 2009, when he passed away!

I guess the pain of his death and my moving and not having a place to store my stuff, delayed in my unpacking his boxes and knowing what he owned, for I was paying storage fees for 8 months and finally my daughter, her hubby, son-in-law and grandsons helped move my stuff into the garage and 2 bedrooms of my Duplex where most of it still is....just not able to do much....can't climb a ladder or lift heavy boxes, so sloooooowww doing anything!

Will post a poem, tonight, I hope and maybe post some more of my past finds and eventually the items that were in the Mystery Treasure Chest and the Zip Bag....had to find the keys to the lock boxes which I did find after unpacking a few boxes, thank God, for the movers had so unkindly packed them into their packing box after I had placed they keys in a little basket and sit it up out of the way, but they packed it anyway! When they pack, they pack, so don't get in the way or they will pack you, too! LOL!

Love you all and, as far as I know now, I am here to stay so you'll have to put up with me and my poems for sometime as yet, but how long only God knows! Praise His Holy name, Jesus! Amen! PEACE! Ma

I like to read and post finds and/or adventures here but they get buried so fast it's crazy.
I feel like I need to check and weed through every hour and I just do not have that kind of time.
I will continue to post and share but as you can tell it is a lot less these days.

And to be honest I usually skip over the posts containing scriptures and lessons because I feel like I get more satisfaction from our Pastors at Church. We usually have a series with a reading plan and it is all I can do to keep up with them.
I am a struggling Christian.

Thank you Sandtick (Pete), just explaining a few things before I post or try to post some of my brothers finds and/or collectibles! We were like twins for he was born in Jan 1937 and I was born in July 1935...only 1-1/2 years between us and we grew up on the farm together, working and playing together! I have so many fond memories until he quit high school and left in summer of 1952....I graduated in 1953! He had a hard life after leaving home and it makes my heart grieve for my baby brother...or was the baby until the twins came along in 1946...Larry and Carolyn; so Larry became my baby brother after that! They started school the year I graduated from High School (1952-1953) I hope you get to post often and can post some of your finds! God Bless! Ma

Indeed Mike. If it were possible to share any finds I may dig up, I would be delighted to do so but I've not been able to get out and go detecting for a very long time. If posting the daily Bible lesson is troublesome to any of you, please let me know. I share God's Word because I felt we could all benefit from it. Surely I do not wish to be the reason others are leaving.

SeniorSeeker said:
Indeed Mike. If it were possible to share any finds I may dig up, I would be delighted to do so but I've not been able to get out and go detecting for a very long time. If posting the daily Bible lesson is troublesome to any of you, please let me know. I share God's Word because I felt we could all benefit from it. Surely I do not wish to be the reason others are leaving.
.......................................Please continue to post the daily Bible lesson! We can all benefit from it! You are not the reason others are leaving! God Bless!

No worries brother. No one has mentioned issues with your postings.

I agree TX Joe.....Yes, Brother Martin continue posting for I see from the numbers that many do read them but very few comment....I read them most of the time but there are times I get behind and I will and do occasionally comment on one or two of them! So, post and hope you get to post more about your life and what is going on with you and, now, Sparky! God Bless! :angel: Ma

Where did your post go ? It is so sad when people quote bible verses and it runs Christians away thats a very sad day indeed, as for the post that stated talking about controversial topics can someone post a list of topics that we can talk about that are not controversial? From what I see the only controversial topics are the ones that dont follow their traditions and disagree with thier beliefs. Ive got a question a member post bible studies on here everyday and in those bible studies Ellen G white is quoted as a prophet of God ,in some Mainstream Christian circles this group was considered a cult . To me this is a very controversial topic but no one has ever complained about it as I can see. So when I come along and quote the bible and no one refutes what I said about a topic because I used the bible to show why I believe what I believe and they cant, everyone gets bent out of shape and calls it controversial topics. Paul wrote on the order of the church and that topic is only controversial to those who dont obey what he penned for us who try to follow it well its just normal. I think a good prayer would be Lord please open our eyes to show us how the culture of our day has affected how we think. I can talk about Obama politics and I think most would high five that but let me point out a popular teacher whos teaching a major error thats sending millions to hell and no one says a word and if they do its that ole calabash digger is a trouble maker . Well to me letting people from all different viewpoints come on here and post their views correct ones or wrong ones and as long as they dont say anything about anyone elses beliefs their great and spiritual people .Well to me brother that seems very controversial.The bible was given by God to us and we are to use it to defend the truth ,and it seems to me its the believers who are taking the most offence to it these days. Whatever tradition you grew up in doesnt make correct automatically. You guys all preach love and tolerence and you guys have been the most intolerable and unloving people of faith I have ever met. ITS all because I quoted texts that dont fit into your guys traditions and thats it,you guys use to comment on my finds last killer coin I posted not one comment. thanks