Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rusty the red squirrell out on the deck.........

warthog

We threw some stale bread out on the deck.Rusty the red squirrell,as Marcia named him,is having a feast.

We got a pair of "Big Reds" like yours and several nice looking greys, and one black..all the same species, just different color phase is all...they all get up near the feeder together and I sure enjoy watching them! Wife says I need to "thin out the herd" a little...cant do it just for that reason...'sides, a fellow never knows when he might need a squirrel...

.I think west MI is one of the only places where the diff color phases are mixed together and so abundant...Like Ma asked, Gray squirrels (Fox) are the Bigger ones and Red squirrels are the smaller faster ones not much bigger than a chipmunk that typically are found around pines, genetically speaking...the Grays come in all sorts of color phases, Red, Gray, and Black..nice post Warty...they sure are smart too....and tasty..!
Mud.

My mom used to fry the younger squirrels and make dumplings with the older ones! My brother had a 22 rifle and bring them home after hunting, but I never could shoot any animal....just too tender-hearted, but I guess I would if I needed food and was hungry enough! :unsure: :blink: :angel: Ma