Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Royal vs Golden Sabre

HeronBlue

Hey all,
I just stumbled on two old Tesoro metal detectors and was wondering which of them was better and for what reasons? One is a Golden Sabre and the other is a Royal Sabre. Both seem to be in fine working condition and I got them both for 25 buck at a second hand store. Should I keep one and sell one? Keep one for parts and one to use? Use them both at the same time lol? I'm new to this world of metal detecting so any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

keep the one you think you like the best, keep the second as a spare. Or sell them both and buy yourself a newer Tesoro.

I have a Royal Sabre and love it. I've heard really good things about the Golden. The Royal has surface blanking(which I never use), and the tones can be adjusted in regular disc. to where clads give a high tone and the nickel a low tone. By careful adjustment, a lot of tabs can cause the mixed tone. It also has notch accept where an item in a narrow window can be accepted without other signals in a different range. I once found a sliver half in a screwcap infested area this way. It has a true all metal pinpoint which is auto retune. I haven't been able to sell it yet.

Hi, HeronBlue. You won't needs parts for repair, or whatever you have in mind. Just ship them both back to Tesoro and they will put them back in working order and ship them back to you , more than likely at no charge. That is usually the case. Call them first if you wish and tell them what you have , or just pack them up with a note telling them the situation. Tesoro Lifetime Warranty is just that, and per usual that doesn't matter if they are second , 3rd., 4th, or whatever owners. Check it out, and Welcome to Tesoro Land!! Ain't no other Co. will treat you so well. By the way, those 2 Sabres are Keepers and plenty of folks like those older Tesoros even better than some of the newer ones. Happy Hunting!! Charlie

Thanks everyone! I took the Golden out last night and had a blast just finding bottle caps and weird old parts to what I think was a lawnmower. Next I'll test the Royal and experiment a little with the discrimination and see if I cant find a coin or two.

HeronBlue I can tell you both are very nice detectors i personally have the Royal which i bought new and like others that have one i cant ever seem to part with it.Not that i use it all the time but its in mint condition and has features that were ahead of its time in that era.I may sell my garrett Master hunter ads 7 with three coils and arm rest as its also extremely nice but the Royal will always stay with me.Enjoy them both and take the time to learn the Royal and you will be very happy with it.....Markmac

Markmac said:
HeronBlue I can tell you both are very nice detectors i personally have the Royal which i bought new and like others that have one i cant ever seem to part with it.Not that i use it all the time but its in mint condition and has features that were ahead of its time in that era.I may sell my garrett Master hunter ads 7 with three coils and arm rest as its also extremely nice but the Royal will always stay with me.Enjoy them both and take the time to learn the Royal and you will be very happy with it.....Markmac
AMEN!