Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Royal, regarding the picture of you and the Bulldog...

Pierre

Are you sure who is who on what side of the picture?

LOL. It is truly an amazing picture. We used to bred Bulldogs and they are lovely dogs

Regards

Pierre

maybe not but it was about the fattest dog I ever saw. About 180 or so

Good to see you coming around! How are things in South Africa.

Sunny took that picture in British Columbia last year, when some of us visited Mike and Alice

smaller than a Mastif at 200lb or so

Of course, that was about 40 years ago! The females are really great dogs for protecting children -- If we patted on of the kids on the butt, the bulldogs would grab our legs and try to protect the kid! The puppies are sometimes born so bow-legged that it's necessary to tape the hind legs together for a few weeks until the bones become straight enough to hold the body off the ground! And English Bulldogs have a relatively delicate digestive system, at least compared to Malamutes and Samoyeds, which often tried to eat our back porch railings and even rosebushes! Yeah, we fed them well, but they needed additional vitamins, I guess! Today, Bulldogs sell for astronomical prices although they generally don't live long -- about 12 good years for the females and 10 for the males. They also shake the house at night with humungous snoring and massive passing of gas, so beware!

Regards from Ol' Frank In Wheat Ridge, CO

snores louder than me or Scott, and if she's gassy, she'll wake you out of a dead sleep! But she's loyal, though!

By the way...Great Danes were bred FROM the Mastiff to emphasize height and sleekness, just as the Bull Mastiff was bred from the Mastiff to emphazize the blockier look. My parents used to raise Mastiffs when I was younger.

[attachment 25661 mastiff.jpg]

n/t

n/t

time we left her alone, she tore down all our wooden blinds, chewed half the door off, and ended up sleeping (and scratching) my new dining table.

She can really scare the crap out of someone when her teeth are showing and the hair is standing up on her back! When she stands on her hind legs she's about six foot tall. She weighs 85 pounds, and that's only because we put her on a diet! :)