Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Royal, I see the squirrels are picking the bones this morning in your back yard................

WillyP

Beautiful morning there. We had another 3-4 inches of snow last night. That's snow everyday for about 1 1/2 weeks. Enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had over 4 ft in the past few weeks, 8 inches more last night and it will be here for weeks even with some rain!
Add another 16 inches since this pic was taken, shoveling off the roof of the house and garage to stave off disaster has been a nightmare of recurring Sciatica pain, a Flu virus, and worry.
My neighbors are nearly all elderly and also need help. With the exception of the closest ones next door who are healthy and in their mid 40's and help nobody. They make big bucks running a local gov't sponsored service that provides a wonderful living for, lets say.......the rather "unproductive" members of society and are just so very caring :rolleyes:
Crawling under the house to put extra insulation on water pipes that has never been needed in living memory here. Just getting out of here with 4 wheel drive is really tough and only because a neighbor brought his tractor over twice can i get out at all. Nearly impossible to get Carol out of the house cause wheelchairs are about impossible to operate under these conditions not to mention impossible for me to push.
A couple good friends come over whenever possible to visit and help with what they can and we are eternally grateful for those wonderful people!

Now i am not one to spend a lot of time whining but this is the single worst few months of our lives in a very long while and a large part of the reason why i am not very active on the forum. Years back i just dealt with these issues and soldiered on. Anymore they become much greater obstacles when ones health does not cooperate.
Spring or "normal" weather cannot come too soon and Al Gore, David Suzuki, and their ilk are the most contemptuous and corrupt idiots i have ever experienced.

We will survive but don't have to like it. I sincerely hope that you folks never see this crap!

[attachment 114670 Snow2.jpg]

It is cold but we have had little snow in the last few days. I really feel for you guys that are not used to heavy snow. Gotta be a bitch for Wayne and Carol. Wish I could help.

Looks like we are gonna get snow Wed Thursday and Friday though. :(

The turkey have not been in for weeks as the snow is too deep for them to walk in. They seem to dislike flying.

your doing and cleaning off his roof. First time he has ever done that. He was coming back out here on the 13 of Jan for a month, but may not take the chance now if these snows keep coming. What do they build there roofs for in that area for snow load? Sounds like not for what your getting these days. Here in the building industry they build heavy, but with the flat roofs, if a lot of snows is on them and the drains get blocked, the load goes up fast and down they come with only about 2 inches of bearing on those roof bar joist. Back years ago we were working on the Hartford Civic center.... thats just what happen come January. We had put up this space frame setup, new building type from Texas.... Very little bearing on the edges. snow and rain and thats all she wrote. Luckly, no one was in it but they had a full house for a hockey game only about 4 hours earlier....

We are not to bad right now, with about 5 inchs on the ground now. But, more on that way Tuesday night, Wed and and thur to thursday noon. I'm not concerned about the snow part but am about the ice build up on the trees. We get isolated fast as the trees start coming down. I've cut my way out of here a lot of times. We have old big sugar maples here that line the road and they are getting weak and BIG branches come off them. I get them out of the way soon enough but don't get the power back sometimes for 8 or 9 days....as its trees all along the roads here of the same types..... big mess.

You guys could sure use some global warming there about now. I'm not quite sure how global warming works. Does the cold and snow leave the north and south poles and come our way? Never quite heard how it works......

Can you hire some kid around there to do it? Back here they look at you like your and Alien for even asking them to do manual labor except for the farm kids.... Work don't scare them any, then can stand right next to it all day and watch you do it, no problem at all.

Good luck in the bad weather and hope it breaks for you guys soon.

George-CT

they are actually only about 60 miles from us as the Crow flies and the actual boundary, 49th parallel is about 20 miles south of my home.
My Cherry trees are breaking branches off steadily but they needed pruning anyway. Same problem with power lines here and many folk are affected. Not us because we have a generator now, if we didn't the power would be out for sure:biggrin:

Around here you could hire an old guy like me for half the money a kid would want and he would get more done also.