Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Royal, I found something you might want to

George-CT

add to your GPS hunting. I knew about them but never really got interested in them. Then I found this site and see there are maps and you can type in your area and see where they are. Many are mixed in with our caches. You might find this interesting. Another quick sign on like Geocaching and thats it, go to maps and see where they are. For me its the fun of the hunt.

Here is the link... http://www.letterboxing.org/BoxStateRegion.php?state=mi

Click on the squares of the map or the written sections and it shows them. Perfect time of year coming to hunt them also....

I saw a bunch of them in Ionia. Isn't that were you guys did a detector hunt.?

Not much hunting here, back was messed up again for walking up hills or riding the bike. Meantime, winter is rapidly approaching so can't do this porch sitting stuff much longer.

This is the main page link to the above one, I just put that there because it had your state...

http://www.letterboxing.org/index.php

George-CT

Fall is definitely here with winter a close pursuit behind. :): Firewood is all in [I keep a 3 year supply... you never know} and so is the hay. Only a bit to finish in the gardens what with doing beets, etc... but I think we are pretty much ready. :):

calm seas

Mikie

thanks for the link. I will check them out. Cold here this morning and I think fall is upon us. 42 degrees out there right now

drops again. I like the fall warm days, and cool nights. Leaves are starting to drop and the acorns are dropping off the oaks.
Talked to my buddy Gary last night in Wyoming. He just spent a week there hunting antelope. He said it was much cooler there then
it had been the last few years. with 60 the day high, and cold enough at night to turn the heat on. He said all the mountains around him had some snow on the tops and it looked great. They both got their antelope and were headed back to Washington State today. He has tags also for Elk in Washington State by him, right near St Helen's. He got one last year there and hopes to this year also. He spend the first week helping a friend get one who has a disabled permit. Then hunts his. He is coming back east here October 11 to hunt Connecticut for White Tails. He is really enjoying retirement and following the nice weather about. I have a lot of wood down, but finding it harder to do it. Darn back just don't like it. My daughter Heidi has been helping me split it all and my son drags in close to the ranch here and cuts it up. I have a lot of red oak down drying but I was slow doing it so a lot of it is to green. Been grabbing a lot of dead falls that are dry for this year. My son just changed jobs so he isn't around as much. Now with the sun setting a lot earlier by the time he gets home its almost dark. I'll have it all done, just not as fast as once was. A few x factors in the health department I never figured in to all this stuff. All and all, I'm still looking forward to the fall colors and crisp temps. Makes me feel more alive and chipper.

Looks like your all set to enjoy that new cabin out back. Beautiful country for sure.

Geo

Well, I've never found one yet... But after looking at the maps of where they are, they seem to like the same areas geocachers like so many are in the same areas. The clues to find them are interesting and informative. Again, just something to keep me moving outdoors.

Here is some of what they say in their link, but go to the main site and they tell you all about it....

Start Finding Letterboxes

Letterboxing is an intriguing

You guys seem to get each season with a vengeance. Wack,its cold and snow, wack, snow is gone, bugs are out and its warm. Kinda looks like 6 months of bad sledding around your place. Ours seems easier but unpredictable because of the influence of the ocean just a short 25 air miles away as the crow flies. A slight shift one way or there other and we have rain or snow in the dead of winter, summer, on shore breeze and its cool here, loose that breeze and its to hot for most of us here.... This summer was easy as far as high heat was concerned. Think I had AC on for 2 weeks total.... This little spit of land called Connecticut, seems to be at a cross roads for weather, out of the north, west, south really makes it match the saying of " if you don't like the weather in CT, wait a few minutes"
We still have humming birds here, but I suspect they will leave in a week or so.... They are tanking up now non stop at the feeders.

Geo

[attachment 103827 weather.jpg]

here tonight or at least whats left of Hanna. We got the front of it this am with 1 inch of rain, but look at whats coming for tonight. But then look more and see what mid week is. Weather is all over the place here lately. After tonight most of my ducks will drown...LOL

Check this forcast for tonight.

Technical Discussion: Detailed Forecast
A Descriptive Look At Connecticut's Weather Forecast

UPDATED: 8:12 am EDT September 6, 2008
Good Saturday Everypme!

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING is now in effect for the entire CT Shoreline and Eastern CT. FLASH FLOOD WATCHES AND FLOOD WATCHES are also in place for the entire state from this morning through Sunday morning.

Tropical Storm Hanna made landfall on the NC/SC border around 3:20am this morning, just north of Cape Hatteras. She never made it to hurricane strength. Winds right now are around 60mph, and she's tracking to the NE at 22mph.

We've seen the first initial batch of rain across CT. It dumped about an inch statewide. While we'll be in a little lull through the rest of this morning, we are certainly not out of the woods. Here is what we expect: The rain will become steadier and heavier late this afternoon and this evening. Winds will pick up rapidly across the state by early this evening as Hanna approaches Southern New England. The center of Hanna will likely cross CT around 2am Sunday morning.

Total rainfall will range from 3 to 6 inches with locally higher amounts possible. Urban and small stream flooding is quite possible. Winds will likely gust to between 30 and 50 mph, especially in Southeastern Connecticut. There may even be a few gusts to over 50 mph at the coast. It all depends on the exact track of the center of Hanna. The rain should be gone by dawn Sunday, but winds may remain gusty through much of the morning. Overall, weather conditions will improve nicely Sunday with skies becoming mostly sunny and temperatures will reach the low and mid 80s. Winds will likely ease up quite a bit during the afternoon.

Here are some precautions you should take just in case. Secure all loose objects outdoors, like lawn furniture and gargage cans. If you have a boat on a mooring, make sure that is fastened well. The threat of significant coasting flooding is low since tides are not astronomically high. However, a 1 to 3 foot storm surge above normal tide levels is quite possible.

Looking ahead to next week...Monday looks great! Showers and a few thunderstorms are likely on Tuesday as a strong cold front sweeps across the state. We can then look forward to some refreshingly cool weather with a hint of autumn in the air for the rest of the week. The next chance for rain probably won't come until next weekend.

August went into the record books as a cool, wet month. The average temperature at Bradley International Airport was 70.0 degrees, which is 1.6 degrees cooler than normal. The mercury never reached 90 degrees in August, which is quite unusual. The highest temperature was 87 degrees on the 18th and the lowest temperature was 49 degrees on the 20th. Total rainfall for August was 6.74", which is 2.76" above normal. However, most of the rain fell within the first 2 weeks of the month. In fact, 6.21" of rain fell in the first 12 days. The second half of the month was rather dry.

Keep it to WFSB Channel 3 all weekend long, on-air and online for the latest on Hanna!