Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rough Labor day. But todays dive went great!!! kinda long post

Kieth-Tx

My old boss called Sunday night and wanted to fish the flats Monday morning....4 am. Dang that was early. We arrived at the boat launch and discovered I had left my fishing vest and he had left his wading belt...oh well, no biggie, so we headed out. Shot across the bay to the cut we wanted to fish, and got ready, dropped into the water...not bad, and started casting. We were throwing topwaters in the dark and man it is exciting when you hear it hit the lure and you can't see it!!! Well, he missed one so I threw that direction and WHAM...fish on....three cranks on my Shimano Curado and it locks up. So I look like a fly fisherman pulling this fish in by hand...and letting out line when it would run...and my buddy is NOT helping cause I "TOOK" his fish!! :geek: Finally get it in and it's a 23" Speck...Kieth is happy. I wade back to the boat...work on the reel and keep fishing. We left that spot when the sun came up and started drift fishing the flats. About the third drift, I step back to cast, and for the first time in my life...go over the side into the water!! My boss almost fell off the poling platform laughing...luckily I come up with my shades in one hand and rod in the other. Got back into the boat..dripping...took my shoes off...and promptly stepped on a red wasp that was on the deck....pain...and there he goes again laughing...I know my name will be the high point of the safety meeting the next morning. Ended up catching about 15 trout and 6 reds. Well...I survived Monday and went river diving today, just got back. Found 32 pr of sunglasses, 27.50 in cash, 1 Zippo lighter and 1 gold earring. Wow...sorry about the long post...Hope the rest of you guys have a great week. Kieth-Tx

Where were you all fishing? Near Corpus Christi? You sure had a fun filled few days, all the way from fishing to diving for treasure. Kinda funny hearing that you fell out of the boat. Thanks for sharing with us. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

out of the boat.sorry to hear about the red wasp,guess you could say it wasn't your day.hate to admit it but i would have rolled laughing when you hit the water.don't feel bad,i've had something similiar happen.

at least you had a good day at the river.any of those sunglasses worth keeping?

Well....I KNOW I would have laughed if HE had fell in!!! :lol I had 2 pair of "keepers"...both Oakleys in the 240.00 range. The rest are 5-20.00 prs. I wear presription so they don't do me much good, but my wife and teenage daughters love them!!!

Fred, we fish around Seadrift, less people, lotsa fish....most guys that come fishing down here go to Port O'Connor. When you've read all those magazines Fred, I have some more. Kieth-Tx

are true, we could possibly find a treasure or some other valuable thing. I have come to the conclusion that most stories written for these magazines are written for the sole purpose of selling the magazines.

Have you ever noticed how the bad guys rob the bank, and as the lawmen close in on them, they bury the money? The bad guys all get shot and there is always the last dying man that tells the good guys that the money has been hidden. The good guys go back to town and tells everyone how they killed the bad guys and the money is hidden out there somewhere. Hidden my foot, they found the money and never told anyone. Naturally, no one knows it and for hundreds of years, every one looks for the hidden treasure. Same concept of the mule train loaded with gold that is attacked by the Indians...some one has that gold but does not tell anyone. However, the stories are fun to read, good entertainment that will keep someone out of mischief.

Thanks for sending them to me...I am still reading them on and off at the moment. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Sounds like some adventures that I have had over the years.

However, 32 pairs of sunglasses....Any good ones in there..Oakleys, Maui Jims, etc??? I think the best I have done while diving was 12 pairs.

Great dive

Sunny skies

M

what river were you diving in,was it a hill country river or is visibility good enough to see objects in old muddy water rivers.

I am very busy and sure wish I could get in the water but it is not to be right now. It sounds like you have a great place to dive and hunt treasure.

You guys have a standing offer to dive with me year-a-round....I have a river that I dive in the middle of winter that stays at 72 degrees.