Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rooster Retrieve Part 2 - The Rest of the Story

Sunny

Last Tuesday evening, I was walking out to my chicken pen, to make sure the chickens and my duck still had plenty of water and food. Now some of you may remember my story a while back about Lucky Ducky. This duck was one I raised from an egg, along with two others. Her siblings died after a few days, so I continued to care for the lone duck. I knew one duck would stand no chance of survival in our pond, so as soon as Lucky got her feathers, the only place I knew to put her was in the chicken pen.

Well, Lucky thrived for a few months. When last summer came, I filled up a little wading pool for Lucky, caught her, and commenced to trying to teach her to swim. All ducks love water and I had been feeling guilty because she had nothing to swim in. When I gently laid her in the water, you have never seen such a fit that duck thru. IT COULD NOT SWIM! :yikes: Now I knew I had created a real problem! Though I was only trying to protect her, the duck thought she was a chicken! Okay I thought, have it your way, for I didn

Well, you shoulda knowd what would happen. You saw that we only had one rooster [two now] when you were here.

Anyway, sorry about daffy [er lucky], but I will bet that you could have used some 'tuning up' with the .22. Just to keep the water moccasins down at beer camp :)

Calm seas, fair winds

Mikey

Sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved duck and sad to hear about the fate of the roosters. Things like this happens when dealing with animals, their code of conduct differs from ours. Best of luck on getting the pieces put back together again so that you can once again enjoy your chickens. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

how much it hurts when things go astray with animals and the tough decisions that have to be made. Like I said, animals can be cruel by our standards and normal as far as they are concerned...they think different than humans. You need to put this behind you and start enjoying your chickens again...you can not change what has transpired, but you must learn from it and move forward in life. Put that smile back on your face. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I knew someday i would find the perfect life lesson for them, and it comes right from the hors....er "Filly's" mouth!
I have to thank you sincerely for this Sunny......the story is outstandingly funny also:rofl:

I think it was the wine.:rofl: Seriously though, getting attached to animals, whatever kind, is the toughest part about having them. At the end of the day, you had to do what you had to do ! Heck Sunny, I've seen you straighten out a few roosters on this forum on occasion.:lol: Must be your lot in life ? I found it odd that Tom took to laughing the way he did........the big meanie !:lol:

I realize you have a hateman thing going here but Roosters do not Rape chickens. They make love to them. Men do not Rape women. That is an old wives tale. My grandpap tolt me that Wimmins can run faster with their dress up than a man can with his pants down, so that rumor is dun. Roosters make love to chickens!

YOU were an enabler. Having all them roosters with so few chickens was cruel. You should have gone and bought a hundred hens so it would have been easier on them roosters! Their peckers :D musta been plum worn out and it is your fault. I figure with their peckers plum worn out it must have been the dumb old hens that kilt old Lucky. Probably just like with humans, the wimmin are always jealous of a pretty duck :D

Now I can just imagine what the Roosters were a feeling about then. A dead Duck, that they knew a goofy human woman took to. A bunch of jealous hens that kilt here and a drunken hillbilly woman with a gun just a looking for a male to blame. I would have a been a snuggling against the hens too.

It looks like you have twisted the truth a bit Sunny but those fine Boy chickens have paid the price for your chicken ignorance and hatred for male things. :D

A duck that doesn't know how to swim? Cummon now. A day by the pond and it would have sure learned. :rofl:

Finally!! After all, they are still just chickens:thumbup: Taste good

was the duck tender? Have you eaten it yet? I understand that if you put the roosters in a slow cooker they are nice and tender. Maybe Johns wife can give you a few tips on cooking. :D From the look of John she is a good cook and Scott is a bit hungry looking :D That duck ought to fatten him up right good.

You are right about Fred though. He isn't like me and you. He is a trouble maker at times :thumbup:

and Johnboy don't laugh very much when I out fish them! They just lie alot when it comes to this! :rofl: As far as the roosters on THIS forum,......well.........I love em all! :)

I wrote the story about it, so I could at least find a bit of humor in it! I brought so much on MYSELF with all this! :( PS There are still two roosters roaming around outside of the pen, and I will still feed and water them to. I do take care of my animals to the best of my ability,.....really I do!:(

Don't take that from me!! Stand up and be a man!!!