Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rockport Massachusetts

Ron J

A few weeks ago, while cruising on Craigslist for a bargain, i read an ad for a stretch Cruiser style bicycle, that i just had to have. Don't need it,but wanted to add it to my collection of about 20 Cruiser style bikes i have now. couldn't pass up a good deal. Called the guy Friday eve.,and arranged pick-up early Sat. a.m. I hardly ride any of them,although i should. Wouldn't hurt to shed a few pounds! The following morning i headed to Rockport,about a twenty minute ride down Rte 128 at 80 or so. :D More so,than 80! :D Figured i would take some some shots, after picking up the bike. First i wanted to take a few of the old Rockport Life Saving Station,now a private residence. Been by it a few times,but without a camera. This building has existed since the early 1900's. It was a rainy,drizzly day,but so what! [attachment 73208 Rockport021.jpg] The property still has an old radio antenna tower standing. While there,in the cove,got a few shots of a lonely,cold looking lobsterman,in about a 28 ft Mako? The pictures show why the town is called Rockport.[attachment 73210 Rockport006.jpg] [attachment 73211 Rockport007.jpg]I then followed the side streets,and found a couple of beaches,that i had seen going by this area in my old Larson, about 12 years ago. Never actually visited either of these beaches before. The first was occupied by Seagulls,enjoying their own privacy.[attachment 73213 Rockport028.jpg] The second,was much rockier. Notice the rocks/pebbles washed up. The fisherman were having a ball,but did not appear to be catching much.[attachment 73214 Rockport031.jpg] The weather reminds you quickly of whats to come for the next few months,but you know,its kinda refreshing. Depressing at times,but still refreshing...until it snows,and you need to plow it. :( Rj

I assume that some rich folks are living in that house that was once a Life Saving Station...big house. You live in an area with lots of history and interesting land marks. Thanks for posting the pictures, I always enjoy them. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

typical days in the neighborhood pretty quickly. Ever hunt water hunt any of the beaches after a winter storm? We do here and in RI after the storms and most often the will is still up to the point where its hard to hear the head phones over the pounding surf. I finally found a pair a Grey Ghost head phones that keep out the outside noise pretty good and amplify the sounds generator pretty good.
Funny how if you were just there, even dressed right you would be cold, but add in something you enjoy and the cold seems to disappear, at least until you get back in the car and realize your feet are frozen along with your ears. I really like to hear the surf pounding. One becomes more alert. I like to go to Watch Hill, RI and listen to the surf at night beating the shoreline. You look at the sand dunes from the parking area and can see the big white caps breaking high above the dunes even in the dark. Sharpens the senses for sure. For sure its a good thing we have those rocks along the coastline or there would not be much there. Funny, I was down in Groton not to long ago, and the rocky shoreline there is mostly out croppings or granite and and it looked just as it did as a kid.
I swear I could of found some of my girlfriends names I carved in them if I looked hard enough. I did manage to show my son the old submarine tie offs that held up the submarine nets across the mouth of the Thames River, Still there just like they were when I dropped one of the rings on my foot and broke my toe. How can ya beat a great memory like that?

George-CT

I think the oldest town/city on the B.C. west coast is Victoria..... and that was established in 1858..

Fair winds

Mikie

n/t

n/t

n/t