Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Road Trip, need everyones help and soon!!!!!!!!:hot:

Diane

We are driving to Florida to check out some areas in which we would like to live. On our way we are going to make a road trip out of it. So my question is to all you guys and gals out there where are the good spots to detect along the way. We are starting out in Va. Beach area and then will head to North Carolina, South Carolina and then Florida. So if you know of a good and hopefully safe beach to hunt in North or South Carolina and then in Florida on the West Coast please send me a private message or answer me on the forum. I could use major help on this because I am not going to know anything about these states beaches or it you can detect certain beaches. Again I appreciate anyones help on this. Thanks, Diane

Hello Diane,

KellyCo is located in Winter Springs, Florida. If you have time we have an open showroom. As far as your hunt I would go anywhere where there is a lot of tourist. A good place to hunt, Daytona Beach, Miami Beach and Panama City Beach. Hope this helps.

Kellyco Chick

[size=medium].....The smoker......I was wondering if on your way back....uh...you could possibly pick me up some of those cheap tax-free cartons of smokes.....you know at those stands along I-95 in north Carolina?......maybe a bottle or two of cheap cologne?.......I know my Mrs. would appreciate that too!!....as for a beach to hunt......well....uh.....I always like to go to......hack....cough cough cough hack wheez.....excuse me I need a cigarette!!...........[/size]

Just look out the window when your driving down 95.
There are so many beaches to choose from, but it really just depends on where your main point of stay is going to be.

Theres New Smyrna, Daytona, Cocoa, Wabasso, South Beach, Miami, Keys, Fort meyers, Naples, Sarasota, St. Pete, Clearwater and up again. Something different at each one.

Good luck

Diane, you posted a similar question about Fl. living back July 15th. and received 24 responses which most were about towns near good beaches to hunt. Here is a link to the Fl. Surf Cam. It will list most all the major beaches in sequence from North to south coming down the east coast and then go to the Gulf coast and it will do the same. Each beach has a web cam so you can check them out. As Gold Digger said all the main beaches of Fl. have good hunting about 9 months out of the year. Good luck on your trip. If you are traveling by R.V. I will send you a list of campgrounds that are right on the Beach or less than 100 yard walk.Or you could stay in a tent if you wish, but it is hot this time of the year. Good luck and HH.
http://www.angelfire.com/fl/boardheads2/surfcams.html

You are to funny! I remember when I smoked that the cigarettes cost $2.95 a carton. What would Maria Say?

Thanks, I guess I didn't make myself very clear. I was wondering about North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida. I know where to hunt in Florida because I had posted something about it awhile back but I was curious about North and South Carolina. Thanks Papa Joe. You have given me a wealth of answers and I do appreciate it.

Thanks, Papa Joe had told me of some beaches in Florida, I was mainly thinking that someone from North or South Carolina would have answered my post as to some of the beaches there. I do thank you for your suggestions. Diane

OK, well you can try Virginia Beach, but lately the pickings have been VERY slim. It's heavily sanded in and the hunting here has quite simply sucked. Oh there have been a few decent "fresh drops" found, but most of it is either buried deep or a little too out in the water for easy retrieval...fighting the surf is an issue and the water here is too murky to see much of anything, unlike some areas where you will be going.

As for NC, anything south of Kill Devil Hills is supposedly off-limits to detecting, like the Outer Banks. I've been run off from there twice for trying it. So the areas of Duck or Corolla are OK and maybe some areas south of Hatteras too, not sure...never went that far. In South Carolina you have Jekyl Island http://www.jekyllislandauthority.org/beachscape_july_2006/index.html , Sea Island, and St. Simon's Island http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Island,_Georgia and you might check those out.

In Florida, as has been said, you have all beach. Jacksonville, St. Augustines, Daytona...or on the other coast, much to choose from...try this: http://www.beachdirectory.com/

Good luck. Maybe the sand will start moving here. When it does, we'll all be rolling in gold. It's usually pretty "hot" here this time of year, finds-wise. Not so right now. :shrug:

Thanks Mike for the info. I will be in Va Beach so maybe I will run into you. It is the same here at the Jersey Shore. Pretty sanded in but there are fresh drops but this fall and winter I think will tell the tale. We just need some good NE winds to move stuff around. See you pirates soon. aaaarrrrgggghhh!

Agreed...we need some MOVEMENT.

I'll look forward to meeting you while you're here. When will that be?

You'll find me out there during the NIGHTTIME low tide (beautiful this time of year) from 2 hours prior until 2 hours after...standard formula for me. So if low tide is at 3AM, I'm out there from 1Am to 5AM. I rarely hit it during the day, as there are WAY too many people out there to allow for proper (or peaceful!) hunting. And the nights down there are so pleasant. All well-lit, as you will see.

See you out there!

Hi, I would take Hwy 17 out of VA thru NC and SC. Its a much nicer route than 95 and gets you a lot closer to the beaches. In NC there is Emerald Island and Topsail Isand both in NC. Further south in Wilmington, NC are some great beaches. Hopefully this will give you some other options. I do highly recommend the Hwy 17 route, 95 seems to be under construction constantly in NC. Best to you, Mike.

I'll be in Ocean Isle NC 8/16 the whole week. Somerset is south and Holden is north. Myrtle just 1 hour away. Don't forget to stop in Jimmy Buffet restaurant in S.Myrtle and have a few margaritas.

Good luck,
Dan