Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

River loot!

detectahead

Hi all! The first pic are of my hunt 2 wks ago. One thing missing in the pic...money. "eyeballing" is what I call it. Seeing valuables that your detector doesn't pickup. Many people on the river carry personal items in ziplock baggies. While hunting I spotted a baggie with some soggy cigs and a one dollar bill, inside of the one were 4 twenty's. Oh yeah! On another occasion I found one with keyes and 15 dollars.
There's another river within 45 minutes of my home that I have never tried. I did today and with great results. Even surprised myself! I was finding the usual, tabs,squares,sunglasses,coins and those ever persistant pennies. Then this beauty appeared,7 bagget(?)and 6 set in channel cut 14k. Now this river is different. The power co. up river releases the locks at 9:30am each morn which means that the rush of the release arrives about 11:15am where I am hunting. They close the locks at 4:30pm. If you get there by daybreak you can get in 4hrs of hunting. The pic of myself is taken at one of the load and unload locations. This a very popular rafting and kayaking river. The fog is due to coolness of the water.(around 50degrees) The last pic looking out back through the screen porch of my home. HH Richard WNC
P.S. picture of ring does not justify, this is a real beauty!

I used to love to fish those rivers after a hot day at work. Motor upstream and drift down, catching trout. It was like fishing in air conditioning. It was the south fork of the Holsten River in Tn.

Very nice ring.