Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rinng! Rinng! Rinnng!

Ron J

In the early to mid 70's,the dealership i'am employed at,was located on Rantoul st. in Beverly.Across the street was and still is a used car annex,for NorthShore Volkswagen. The annex was a gas station many years ago.The original station torn down years ago,but left enough of the building for a one room office.Their may be 15 or so cars lined up at any time.This one day,Jim,our dispatcher,at the time,called me over to the baydoor.He said,"Ronnie,check this out".We looked across the street,and saw Jay,the used car saleman,for the VW annex,actually off his lazy arse,hand washing the used cars.Usually we would see him,snoozing,or on the phone gabbing.Jim got a brilliant idea! He got on the phone,and called the VW annex.Now,we are watching to see how long its gonna take Jay to answer the phone! Ring,Ring,Ring,Ring!!Finally he drops the spounge,and heads for the office.As soon as he went through the door,Jim hung up!!Man,we were rolling on the floor,laughing.Out comes Jay,and starts washing the cars again.As soon as Jay soaped up a hood,Jim starts ringing the phone again! Same thing!Ring,Ringgg,Ringgg,finally Jay throws the spounge in the bucket,starts running in the office.Again Jim hung up the phone!Boy were we on a roll!!Our stomachs were killing us,laughing so hard!!! As before,Jay finally comes out of the office.This time he kind of scoured around,looking for anyone who may be screwing with him.After a few minutes,he washed a car,and went back in the office.Now,i need to mention Jay,was a real typical,snake of a car salesman,and he knew Jim,and i personally.He knew we worked across the street,but we didin't think he had a clue,as to what went on. Well anyway,about 15 minutes passed,and our service phone rang.Jim answered and then covered the phone with his hand,and said "Hey Ron,I think its Jay!He's disguising his voice?" We both looked across the street,and Jay was on his phone. So Jim played along,and the "guy" on the phone,talked with a lisp. "Canth i maketh an appointmenthh for fydath?" "Sure" replied Jim,trying not to laugh!The "appointment" was made,and the conversation was ended.Man,Jim and i were howling!! What a joke on Jay!What a fool!! Jay was probably thinking,he got us!We knew better! Well,i gotta tell ya,when Friday came,a real customer,came in for that appointment! And,yes he had a lisp!! I don't need to tell you,how we felt. We were just real glad,that Jim had stayed professional on the phone! You never know!

.....the doorbell rang at the house of a lady,she called out from the shower "who is it ?".The reply was it's the "Blind man". So expecting to see a blind man at the door she rushes to open the door still fresh out of the shower and no clothes on.
When she opens the door the blind man goes in to install the new blinds.

n/t

n/t