Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rings

metalviking

I have found silver coins and thimbles, tons of clad and toys while on hunts. But the elusive item for me are rings...gold in particular....what do they normally ring in as and what is an ideal setting. I usually hunt full sensitivity pro mode coin. Thanks!!!

Do you water hunt? That's the only place I ever found gold and silver rings. found some junk jewelry at ball parks and play grounds or tot lots. My gold runs from 40 to 60 something. With the exception of Saturday, I haven't found a gold ring in a long time and it was so deep I just went by the tone and recovered a man's lost wedding ring.

I'm not a digger of it all and digging foil up through zinc readings is where most gold is. I none the less average 4-6 gold rings a year turf hunting and most I dig come in the nickel range and the occasional class ring that is bigger and reads in the zinc/penny range. Ever so often something sounds a little different and ever so often it turns out to be a ring. Usually a smaller one. Moat silver rings fall into the cent/dome up into the quarter range. Digging every clean coin reading should get you several silver jewelry item annually. HH jim tn

Gold rings are the most difficult to find, as they are the least lost and many times read as pulltabs. You have to search areas where they can be most likely lost, and dig thousands of targets before you get one.

I find very few precious metal rings in a season as I mainly cherry pick and go primarily for high tones. On days when my back is better, I use less discretion. High tone digging brings me a few silver rings on land, but I am sure that I miss gold rings.

I would concur with the above replies....Gold hunting is a focused subset of our hobby, its easy to get distracted by the hard solid high tone pings of a Q or Dime..I'm very guilty myself of hitting only the high pings in a target heavy environment, to wonder how many gold I had coil over and did not dig?:shrug:

Theres about half a dozen posters on this Forum who hunt for gold rings in the dirt, a few post regularly and often...it does not matter what machine they use, they find gold...so read as many of their posts as possible, and pattern their hunting method...which, sad to say, involves digging zinc down into foil signals...of course they cant dig them all everywhere, so they tend to focus on the LOCATION of the signal, then they dig them all in that particular spot..you have to learn to think strategically about all locations you are hunting, and really focus on gold tones, if you are set on finding it...all the junk targets/clad are telling you something about a spot..you might want to try Pro Zero, iron audio off, and a disc of 35-40...sens at about half power, dig all targets in the top 4" of dirt, get really good and fast on retrieval methods, which means a screwdriver, especially on sportsfields... also, a guy called "Diggin-it" did some great youtube vids on gold/plat rings he found with the Pro, which you should watch....all this said, I am very confident with the Pro for gold...it will NOT miss a ring, even at half power in Pro Zero with a disc of 40...you can also learn a lot from Clives new book, "The Gold Jewelry Hunters Handbook, Lost Gold, Beach, Park, and Shoreline" its a short but concise read on the subject of hunting gold...Good Luck, you will find it sooner or later, as long as you are out swinging coil, theres no gold to be found in your living room!..:thumbup:
Mud