Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ringing in the new year

gwn

hunted a local school under the bleachers...pulled in to the lot and what do I spy....the first MD I have seen working since I got my ace...nice guy but not real chatty...he was using a garrett and a screwdriver nothing else...his hands were real muddy needless to say...got to hunting and heres the days take...couple of bucks in coinage..and a nice silver ring ....grandson has lost my magnifying glass real good this time so cant read the marks. I have included pics of my best coins last year...a 29 five cent and 36 penny (if it had a dot I might consider retiring) and my only silver a 68 quarter which I found in my pocket change...both were made in 68 silver and whatever alloy they are now...also a pic of my only jacknife...found in my front lawn my very first time using my ace and within 20 mins of turning it on....

Nice finds. That "68" quarter is silver, the "29" nickel in VF condition is worth about $5.00 and a rare find. You did great! That other detectorist was probably growing inside :lol: because of territorial issues.

<center>

both the nickle and penny have wear...crown detail and mustache detail pretty worn....likely worth about 50cents..still a thrill to dig up

Hi GWN,
Nice collection, well done.
I like the moose head or is it an Elk, we don't see coins like that, I also like the Canadian beaver nickels?