Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Mans Says When The Park Quits...So Will I...:devil:

Went to "the park" this morning for an hour and a half. 52 coins for $4.46. Found a SAC, sunflower charm, carousel token and cute costum ring. All that in one small area. This place just won't quit!!!:clapping:

I love finding modern dollar coins. Is that the Riverfront Park in Spokane? I think I went to a Worlds Fair there when I was a kid.

I have a park where I live that a 1000 monkies, swinging 1000 Ace 250s, for 1000 days could never empty. Great place to kill an hour or so. Only about a mile from my house too. Just like money in the bank!

Chris

[quote cwilk]I love finding modern dollar coins. Is that the Riverfront Park in Spokane? I think I went to a Worlds Fair there when I was a kid.
I have a park where I live that a 1000 monkies, swinging 1000 Ace 250s, for 1000 days could never empty. Great place to kill an hour or so. Only about a mile from my house too. Just like money in the bank![/quote]

Actually it is that particular park. Can't say though....heeheh Might give away my hunting grounds.

Yes the Worlds Fair (Expo 74) was there. Expo '74 was an environmentally themed World's Fair hosted in 1974 by Spokane, Washington, at the time the smallest city ever to host a World's Fair until Knoxville, Tennessee held one in 1982. The theme for Expo '74 was "Celebrating Tomorrow's Fresh New Environment." There were 5.2 million visitors.

The nice thing about that park is it gets replenished over and over all the time. Always something going on, always people loosing change. I kill an hour or so before the parking meters kick in at 9am. Only problem now it's getting later when the daylight comes so there isn't much time before 9. Sundays are good since they don't make you plug the meters........

[quote John 'n' W.Va]One place I use to MD had meters. I would laugh and put my dirtiest quarters in it.[/quote]

Don't forget John. I CLEAN my coins. Not like some "other people" I am related to....eeheheh...Funny though. I was at the park one day, dying of thurst. Wanted a soda. Soda machines all over the place. I DIDN'T HAVE ANY CLEAN COINS WITH ME.........:rofl:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote John 'n' W.Va]One place I use to MD had meters. I would laugh and put my dirtiest quarters in it.[/quote]

Don't forget John. I CLEAN my coins. Not like some "other people" I am related to....eeheheh...Funny though. I was at the park one day, dying of thirst. Wanted a soda. Soda machines all over the place. I DIDN'T HAVE ANY CLEAN COINS WITH ME.........:rofl:[/quote]Let's see, "dying of thirst", "no clean coins", "Soda machines all over the place". And a pocket full of OMG, dirty coins. Un-freaking-believable.:shrug:

[quote awhitster]Let's see, "dying of thirst", "no clean coins", "Soda machines all over the place". And a pocket full of OMG, dirty coins. Un-freaking-believable.:shrug:[/quote]

Besides, they want two bux for a soda from the machines. I used the drinking fountain. :cheers:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote awhitster]Let's see, "dying of thirst", "no clean coins", "Soda machines all over the place". And a pocket full of OMG, dirty coins. Un-freaking-believable.:shrug:[/quote]

Besides, they want two bux for a soda from the machines. I used the drinking fountain. :cheers:[/quote]And so tight he squeeks too:rofl:

I wouldn't pay two bucks for two cents worth of carbonated water if I was dying of thirst. :rofl: The container holding pop costs more than the contents. This holds true with many bottled products. What gets me is all the Yuppies paying several bucks for a bottle of tap water labeled as something else. :rofl: Pepsi finally recently admitted their fancy bottled water came from the tap - after they've made a billion or so off the Yuppies telling them it was something else. :rofl:

Bill

[quote Uncle Willy]There's and old saying about that, " He's so tight he squeezes the poop out of the buffalo on a nickel." :rofl:

Bill[/quote]That's my Bro Bill:thumbup:

[quote awhitster][quote Uncle Willy]There's and old saying about that, " He's so tight he squeezes the poop out of the buffalo on a nickel." :rofl:

Bill[/quote]That's my Bro Bill:thumbup:[/quote]

When ever you guys are done let me know..........:rant::rage::hot::goodnight::surrender::bouncy: