Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Mans Park Gave Up Some More This Morning:super:

Spent 3 1/2 hours at the park this morning. Gridded out one nice size area and found 105 coins for $5.21 plus a key, small bus token, 2 carrousel tokens, an amusement park token 1946 WHEATIE!! and a silver ring with some kind of material around it. This was the same place I saw a guy working about a month ago. He was pretty much all over the area. Must have had his machine turned off..:rofl: I'll be back:detecting:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder]Spent 3 1/2 hours at the park this morning. Gridded out one nice size area and found 105 coins for $5.21 plus a key, small bus token, 2 carrousel tokens, an amusement park token 1946 WHEATIE!! and a silver ring with some kind of material around it. This was the same place I saw a guy working about a month ago. He was pretty much all over the area. Must have had his machine turned off..:rofl: I'll be back:detecting:[/quote]Nice wheat and tokens. Is that ring marked for silver. Looks like junk to me.

[quote awhitster]Nice wheat and tokens. Is that ring marked for silver. Looks like junk to me.[/quote]

IT'S A RING BRO:starwars: You always need them marked >RING< to know what it is? Geeeeesssss:rage::rant:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote awhitster]Nice wheat and tokens. Is that ring marked for silver. Looks like junk to me.[/quote]

IT'S A RING BRO:starwars: You always need them marked >RING< to know what it is? Geeeeesssss:rage::rant:[/quote]It's always nice to know if it's silver, gold or kidde / costume jewelry. Real silver or gold (marked) gives more bragging rights.

[quote awhitster]It's always nice to know if it's silver, gold or kidde / costume jewelry. Real silver or gold (marked) gives more bragging rights.[/quote]

You have it all wrong Bro. I lowered the standared a LONG time ago. Marked is good, unmarked is still a ring.....ehehehe.....

Funny tho. I was showing my neighbor a ring I had found some time back. He says........HEY, that's a MOOD ring. Sure as heck it is. Put it on your finger and it changes colors. Don't know if it's an oldie or a new one but for sure it works......

...gridding is a key to success.

I wrote an article on that long ago. To thoroughly cover a grid one must also hunt it diagonally - and then be surprised at what you missed.

Bill

[quote Uncle Willy]I wrote an article on that long ago. To thoroughly cover a grid one must also hunt it diagonally - and then be surprised at what you missed.
Bill[/quote]

That's one reason I like going to the park in the morning. The sprinklers make the lawn wet and it's easy to follow your foot steps. I start on one side, walk across then turn around and move over about three feet from my tracks and use them as my next line of attack. Back and forth, back and forth. It's funny to see the area when I am all done. I never do a diagonal though. I probably should but with the method I have been using I'm doing a pretty good job of covering it.

Yeah you can cover it pretty fair but you still miss a whole lot of real estate at depth due to the configuration of the signal pattern. While it looks like you're covering a lot of ground on the surface, at peak depth you're covering an area about the size of a quarter. Even if you overlap each sweep you're still missing a bunch. Diagonal helps to compensate for some of that loss.

Since the average coin will fit into one - square inch consider this. If you're humting an area ten foot by ten foot it will contain 14,400 square inches or 14,400 potential targets. Scary ain't it? :) That's why no area is ever completely hunted out.

Bill