Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Would Like To Offer A Suggestion:nerd:

Today while swinging in a park my earphones went dead. I checked the cable and plugs couldn't find anything wrong. I'm using the nice padded ones that came with my ACE 250 with the volume controls on them. I came back home and did some testing. They would work in the mono switch but not the stereo when I used them on my portable player or home stereo (I figured it was the plug). I went to Rad Shack and bought a pair of walkman type with a volume control built into the wire. They work really nice for 16 bux......
After doing some yard work I got to looking a bit more into the phones. I pulled off the cuff where the cable comes in and took out the speaker. Inside where the three wires come from the cable to the mini connector board one of the wires had come off!!! The knot in the cable for strain relief was holding ok but one wire was too short and pulled from the board. A quick fix adding a bit of wire to the short one, soldering it back on the board and all is fine. I now have an extra pair plus the good ones........

Suggestion. Pull the ear cuff and speaker off the side where the cable goes in. Check to make sure there is plenty of wire going to the circuit board so it doesn't pull loose. Preventive med for sure......

I then worked on a shelve for some of my finds. I'll post pics when it's done........
Happy tecting, Rosco

Since you have been in the guts of head phones, maybe you can give me an answer on this one. I have a good pair of Radio Shack headphones with volume controls. They work great with my Ace 250. I have another name brand detector that is also stereo and the headpones won't work in it. Other phones work in both, but I like this set. What's with this//

GET DIRTY.

[quote dirtydon]Since you have been in the guts of head phones, maybe you can give me an answer on this one. I have a good pair of Radio Shack headphones with volume controls. They work great with my Ace 250. I have another name brand detector that is also stereo and the headpones won't work in it. Other phones work in both, but I like this set. What's with this.[/quote]

I take things apart and see if I can put them back together again....ehhe. I don't know about impedence or not, but one thing I would make sure is that the units are both "stereo" output. Try pulling the plug from the one set of phones out just a bit while dinging something and see if any sound comes through them. You maybe need a stereo to mono adaptor for that one unit. Only my guess.