Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring man went out today. The weather was GREAT!

50 plus degrees and mostly sunny. What a great day to do some tecting. I went to some local schools, parks and vacant lots. Found a 1939 wheat at the same lot I found the 1905 Indian. Met up with a guy at a school yard and we talked for quite some time. He uses a Whites. I asked if he had done the playground and he said yes he found a dime then started the lawn. I put the sniper on and headed to the playground. First thing under a bench I found the slipper. Then under one of the wood platforms on the toys I found the chain. MASSIVE, heavy and a bit over 17 inches long. I have no idea what it's for. I then followed his foot steps and found a quarter, two dimes and three pennies. When I showed the loot to him he didn't seem impressed. He was probably more on the tail between the legs side....ehehehe...And the day isn't over yet. So far today 83 coins for $4.45.

Man, I can't belive you did that to that poor man.:devil::rofl:
You wanted him to be inpressed.:rant:
I don't know, I may start beliving the things your brother says about you.:crylol:
The bad thing is, I find things when I go back over my own tracks.:shrug:

[quote john 'n' central fl.]Man, I can't belive you did that to that poor man.:devil::rofl:
You wanted him to be inpressed.:rant:
I don't know, I may start beliving the things your brother says about you.:crylol:
The bad thing is, I find things when I go back over my own tracks.:shrug:[/quote]

Hey come on. The guy was using a Whites. He was at disadvantage to start with.:goodnight: He had all these stories about his findings and such. I just love to follow people with inferior machines. :clapping:
And yes myself I have found stuff where I have been before. Never hurts to go back and look again. :detecting:

Not so sure about that anymore. I might have found all the rings here. Haven't found one for a long time (winter has had a factor). Last one I found was in Calif when I visited with my brother. Of course he didn't find one. I DID.....:yikes:

That's a real nice pile! The sniper just amazes me.
The other guy probably didn't get his coil over the coins. Have you ever looked at the metal detecting videos on www.youtube.com? Most of those guys have terrible coil techniques. They don't overlap in fact a lot of them miss a foot between swings. The coils coming off the ground 6 inches at the end of the sweeps. You even see it in the Whites commercials. They just think that's how you swing a coil. I just want to scream! Well, that's just more for us!

[quote Rosco Bookbinder] Last one I found was in Calif when I visited with my brother. Of course he didn't find one. I DID.....:yikes:[/quote]I was going to be nice until I saw this. I notice how proud of the ring you are, so proud you won't even post it. That camera flash might just knock that little bit of coating that's left off that piece of junk :rofl:

[quote khouse]That's a real nice pile! The sniper just amazes me.
The other guy probably didn't get his coil over the coins.[/quote]

He has experience, is in a club and invited me. He looks like he knows what he's doing. He told me he gave up on a couple of digs in the grass because they were just too deep. I found one of his "digs". Got a dime about three inches down. HUMMMMM........Then I was about 50 feet from him where he had just left a big tree. I walked towards it, started to work it and found a 52 cent coin spill (two guarters and two pennies). I yelled at him and said....."HEY, 52 CENT SPILL"...) He says......"I must have missed that one"..ehehehe....

I just love following people. Found the 1903 Indian Head penny and the 1939 wheat today when I was told "there have been others before you"..

What Whites did he have?
I used a M6 and XT30 on a mud beach left over from the Midwest drought. It's a lake on my property. The M6 had the 950 coil and XT30 had the stock 8.5 inch. Then I bought the Ace250 because all you guys couldn't stop talking about it! I swung the sniper over the same exact area of the other two detectors. I hit a coin spill to the tune of 13 coins. None silver. All in a 2 foot circle. I was sold on the sniper. The smallest coil I had used before was a 6 inch on my Whites IDX and C3. But this little chocolate cupcake aka. the sniper is tops. I have since sold my M6 and XT30. When I have a need for manual GB I will purchase a detector then. But for now I just have the 250.

[quote awhitster]I was going to be nice until I saw this. I notice how proud of the ring you are, so proud you won't even post it. That camera flash might just knock that little bit of coating that's left off that piece of junk :rofl:[/quote]

Sorry Bro. Already posted, showed and bragged about it before. Do I need to brag again...???:clapping:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote awhitster]I was going to be nice until I saw this. I notice how proud of the ring you are, so proud you won't even post it. That camera flash might just knock that little bit of coating that's left off that piece of junk :rofl:[/quote]

Sorry Bro. Already posted, showed and bragged about it before. Do I need to brag again...???:clapping:[/quote]Your not talking about this are you:rofl: [attachment 48494 ScreenHunter_015.jpg]

They need an emoticon of someone blowing their own horn:rofl:

Definition from the net:
Blow One`s Own Horn
<Idiomatic English Glossary - B>
Definition: praise oneself; speak positively about one's complements

Explanation: Usually used in a negative sense when someone speaks too much about him or herself.

Examples: He is always blowing his own horn and is driving me crazy. - You shouldn't blow your own horn, it can really be annoying to other people.

Hmmmmmmmm, sound familiar:rofl: