Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Was Asked To Show His Rings.....:surrender:

Just like everyone else I have found some rings. Some marked, some not. First picture are the marked gold on left and marked silver on the right.
Second box is all unmarked rings. It's full and I need to get another one. I'd like to fill the first one up too....:wave: Hi Bro......

Nice displays. That second gold ring looks like a nice one.

I have one or two unmarked rings I need to have somebody look at. Sometimes I think possibly silver, or gold in one case, sometimes I think they're costume for sure. I'm 90 percent certain they're junk, but as you are fond of saying, "A ring is a ring."

Chris

That second gold ring is junk. It's gold plated with a big hunky CZ in the middle. But I tell you when I pulled it out of the ground my heart skipped more than one beat. It's a beauty for sure. Just not solid gold, not real diamond..........

Nice collection Bro. I like the junk ones the most:rofl:

[quote awhitster]Nice collection Bro. I like the junk ones the most:rofl:[/quote]

You think it's funny about the junk rings (no marks) but I have some that are really nice. I'm sure other tector people do too. I don't put values on my stuff I find. I put the enjoyment and time spent doing something outdoors and the rewards no matter what it is.........:beers:

[quote cwilk]
I have one or two unmarked rings I need to have somebody look at. Sometimes I think possibly silver, or gold in one case, sometimes I think they're costume for sure. I'm 90 percent certain they're junk, but as you are fond of saying, "A ring is a ring."

Chris[/quote]I have done a lot of buying lots of jewelry and selling. My wife is pretty knowledgeable of jewelry also (imagine that). almost all modern jewelry that is "good" has a mark on it to tell you what type of metal it is, I.E., gold, silver, platinum or plated. It will usually have a makers mark. Most costume jewelry (what I call junk) might have a makers mark (Avon, Coro etc.) but usually no metal mark. Thats because it is plated with gold tone or silver tone but is not real gold or silver plated. Finding a junker has made many a "nitro moment" for all of us MDers.

Now just because a piece is unmarked doesn't mean that it isn't any good. You have to look at the location it came from. Vintage or antique jewelry might not have any marks. Hope this helps in determining what to look for on jewelry.

Quote Awhitster........Hope this helps in determining what to look for on jewelry................

It helped me a lot. When I find a piece of jewelry........IT'S MINE.:rofl:

I understand what you say Bro. Junk is junk, marked is good. A ring is a ring but bragging rights come with marked unless it's vintage. Then we never know.....:surrender:

It's all worth something to whoever bought it. THey all paid real dollars for those rings. Now I've got a bag full of real junk rings. I'll stick them on here one of these days. Some of those unmarked rings could be tungsten or titanium which I don't believe are marked as such. I have a solid silver bracelet that is only marked " MEXICO." In this global economy you can't be sure anymore. China counterfeits a lot of jewelry as real stuff and stamps it as real..

Bill

The only difference between a CZ and a diamond is that one is man made and the other conjured up by Mother Nature from a piece of coal. Sort of like real pearls and cultured pearls, both real, just made under different circumstances. I was never impressed by diamonds. Emeralds, rubies, sapphires, are another thing now.

Bill

[quote luketheman]Those are some really nice rings man way to go keep um coming[/quote]Nice collection Bro. Reminds me of the case at Walmart:rofl:

[quote awhitster]Nice collection Bro. Reminds me of the case at Walmart:rofl:[/quote]

One of these days Bro. One of these days......I will show you that your older brother should be and WILL be respected. Untill then keep poking....:punch:

A RING IS A RING. I don't get my stuff at Walmart. To expensive for me......:yikes::surrender: