Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Wants Your Opinion.......:nerd:

It's been going back and forth for quite some time. I CLEAN my found coins then take them to the bank, they run them through the machine and give me back green stuff. On the other hand, my brother Awhitster seems it's ok to take the dirty filthy coins, roll them up and take them to a place that doesn't ask questions. So.....

Which ones would you rather have???? Mine???
[attachment 54242 clean_coins.jpg]
Or His???
[attachment 54244 his_coins.jpg]

I don't clean mine. I just dump them in a coin star. So I guess I agree with you bro in-law.

I always clean my coins before turning them in. It's the courteous and civilized thing to do. Just put yourself in their shoes. IMHO. At my bank you have to write your account number on the rolls, deposit thenm, then draw that amount back out, so that pretty much negates slipping them bad coins.

Bill

I'd be too embarrassed to roll dirty coins. Banks could refuse to take them if they knew what they looked like. That's not good.

n/t

Opinions are like #%*&@^!$, everyone has one
Jeesh, looks like your beating this stupid horse to death again?
OK, here

Guess that was a wrong thread to start...:starwars:

Sorry bro, just trying to get some life going here. I'll try something else next time. Of course you will be swinging your yeller feller while I'm sitting here posting and listening to my tumbler...:goodnight:

Like my Chemistry teacher once said" people are like molecules, atoms etc... they will always take the path with least resistance, unless something interrupts that path to change it".:poke:

Good to see so much brotherly love flow between you two.:stretcher:

I know at my bank if you take in rolls, or a bag of coins, they'd better be clean, they won't accept them if there not.

I clean mine, my bank won't accept them dirty because it supposedly gunks up the coin counting machine, and one teller said that if they aren't clean it jams the machine also. Coins that don't come out "clean enough" in one tumble end up in a vending machine at work. To me it's not a pain in the butt tumbling, I kind of get a kick out of how the 70's cents always seem to come out looking uncirculated, but if I had a therapist he'd probably say that it was some kind of OCD thing. Since I would have alreay asked him if I could search his yard and office on the first visit, I wouldn't consider that a revelation.

Steve