Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring Man Of Spokane Strikes Again!!!:jump:

Well I did it again. Not a great find but still another ring. Marked 925 on the inside, according to my brother Awhitster's post it's Sterling Silver. Also found a key spill. They were still attached with a rusty split ring that fell off when I pulled them from the ground. That and three pennies made that park one to remember..:crazy:

... you cats keep coming up with the rings! I havent found one in a long time, although I dig enought trash that I gotta be due.

Way to go.

[quote DavHut]... you cats keep coming up with the rings! I havent found one in a long time, although I dig enought trash that I gotta be due. Way to go.[/quote]

I've been detecting since Aug 3. 2 1/2 months or so. I've found four rings.:clapping: I feel that's on the upper end of very lucky. It's the pennies I'm getting tired of digging. :rage:

Okay, good point. It just seems that whenever I see your name, I see a ring.:surprised:

Still, for all the trash I DO dig, I would think Electro, the Detecting God would see fit to bestow a nice fat "O" on me.

All Hail, Electro, God of Lightning and Magic.
[size=x-small] (hey, a little sucking up to the guy can't hurt) [/size]

[quote DavHut]Okay, good point. It just seems that whenever I see your name, I see a ring.:surprised:[/quote]

Three of the rings I found were in the same type of location. Along the area at a baseball field where people sit to watch a game. Down the first and third base lines or along the side of a basketball court. I ALWAYS CHECK OUT THOSE AREAS!!! Coins or rings always come up. The forth one which isn't much to talk about but it's a plated ring was from my own back yard. And I have more to tell about that weird place.......

Way to go ! Tri- Cities WA also has been nice to me ,
been detecting for 3 months, found 5 rings, i think people
pass them up but my Garrett GTI 2000, can sure find them,
Keep it up, ill try to post some pics also when i get the
whole picture thing figured out! Grr, newbie here but ive
been reading all the posts for a couple months

...that rings come at a rate of about 100 coins to each ring, or 100:1
I think it was in W&ET, and probaly written by Bill. But, what do you think; is that right?

[quote DavHut]...that rings come at a rate of about 100 coins to each ring, or 100:1
I think it was in W&ET, and probably written by Bill. But, what do you think; is that right?[/quote] I remember Edmonton John saying more like 1000:1 in another post. I have a 267:1 average, based on 1874 coins and 7 rings found.

Yeah maybe my rememberer is a little worn after all these years. It may indeed be 1000:1. Or 287:1. At any rate, I better keep hunting!

[quote DavHut]Yeah maybe my rememberer is a little worn after all these years. It may indeed be 1000:1. Or 287:1. At any rate, I better keep hunting![/quote]

I've done good so far. 286:1 for 1434 coins and 5 rings. Actually I have a 6th ring. It's aluminum with a gold color plating on it. It's broke and not worth a cent.....

[quote Rosco Bookbinder]
Actually I have a 6th ring. It's aluminum with a gold color plating on it. It's broke and not worth a cent.....[/quote]
Count it in. Remember from your other post, a ring is a ring is a .....................

[quote awhitster][quote Rosco Bookbinder]
Actually I have a 6th ring. It's aluminum with a gold color plating on it. It's broke and not worth a cent.....[/quote]
Count it in. Remember from your other post, a ring is a ring is a .....................[/quote]

Sounds good to me bro. I HAVE SIX (6) RINGS FOUND:super:

I think it varies based on the element of chance. Sometimes I'll find 5-6 a month and at other times I won't find any for several months. Just depends on where and when you hunt. I've found a lot in sports fields in the past but the pickings are getting slimmer. Also have found quite a few in playgrounds but those finds are slim anymore. Getting to be to many tectors out there.

Bill